VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi there,

I am looking for a way to stream native dvd folders to wireless devices connected to a pc which has these folder shares.

this is what i have. I have one pc/server that is sharing dvd video riped folders. thru my laptop and using media player or nero video player i can watch movies over the wireless network. i also have ps3. I would like for a way to stream the dvd movies from the server to the ps3. which software/hardware can do this?

also, i have maybe 500 movies, is there a video mangment tool out there that will help me scroll through the titles *by visual picture of a screen shot of a movie* ? i would like to be able to pick out the screen shot, click on that icorn/shortcut, and launch the video player. is there something that will do this?

thanks,
    -pcexpress911
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    PS3 Media Server can stream form DVD folder structures, with caveats - no menus, and only the first or main title. So it is no good for episodic discs or if you want to watch the extras. I don't know of any streaming tools that support these features though.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote