VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Here's my problem. Years ago I transferred my Hi8 analog videos to DVDs by hooking up my 8mm recorder to my consumer Phillips DVDR77 player/recorder. Now I'd like to transfer the movies from these DVD's to my computer to edit them and then just store them on my computer in MPEG or MOV format or whatever. But I'm not finding it to be very simple. The format seems unrecognizable using standard Mac or PC software (I'm using a Mac but I also have a PC available, with Adobe Premier Elements). I'm thinking I probably have to capture the info in real time but even then I don't see any way using the software I've got. Any suggestions for software that would do the trick?

Thanks so much!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    dvd's are just data discs. no protection if you made them yourself. there should be audio_ts and video_ts folders on the disc. the video_ts folder contains the video in the form of vobs, ifos. and bups. the easiest way to deal with them if you want an mpg is to use vob2mpg and create a single mpg video file from the dvd and write it to your harddrive. the free part of vob2mpg should be fine for the task.

and welcome to the forum!
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks so much!
    Quote Quote