VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I’m trying to capture some film clips from a DVD which has what I thought was a very nice extra - an audio track of the opera made from the film. All seems fine as I capture the VIDEO TS files via DVD Shrink, but when I click on the finished VIDEO TS file, instead of the of the film sound track, the speeded up music track of the opera is provided with the visuals. There are two audio tracks indicated on the DVDShrink menu. I’ve tried unchecking first one and then the other, but I can’t lose the speeded up opera sound track on my clips. I can get the spoken word by ‘unchecking’ one of the tracks when viewing on WinDVD, but the dialogue is still speeded up, and quite useless. (Ever heard Pinky and Perky in French??). To sum up: the clips have the right sound as I’m making them with DVDShrink, but when I click on the VIDEO TS files afterwards, everything’s speeded up, and all I can get is the opera on the extras, and not the film's sound track. Would be grateful for any ideas. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try launching one of the IFO files. These contain the instructions telling the player how to handle the VOB files.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you olyteddy. I've done what you suggest and there's no change. As an experiemnt I've converted the files to other formats, just to see what happens. I still get the opera instead of the film soundtrack in whatever kind of file I make. I guess I'll just have to go and buy another DVD and make sure the opera isn't on the the 'Extras'. I've asked around, and no one of my acquaintance has ever heard of this happening! Thanks for your interest anyway.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It is not the DVD's fault, it is yours. Like it or not, you are doing something wrong. Probably your first error is ripping with DVD Shrink, which was an average ripper even when it was maintained, but is now years out of date. Try ripping it with DVDFab HD Decrypter. Do a movie only rip, and preview the audio tracks before selecting the one you want to keep.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks, Guns1inger for your posting. Apologies for not replying to it before I went away. I took your advice and used DVDfab to decrypt the original DVD. The only problem was that both audio tracks were at high speed, and the dialogue track couldn't be altered to a high enough quality. I've now bought another DVD which doesn't have the opera on it, and my clips are perfect . I'm sure there was a simple answer to the problem, which, as you wisely say, was undoubtedly mine and not the DVD's.
    Quote Quote