VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    I had the previous (Video Thumbnails Maker by Scorp, setup_2009) version , which worked perfectly.
    I had to remove my previous OS, WinXP PRO 64 bit and install XP Home edition (32 bit).
    Of course, all the programs had to be reinstalled. Video Thumbnails Maker by Scorp, latest version (setup_2010)
    does not perform, instead I get (text copied from "Diag.log" file):
    "13:57:03
    Process started.
    13:59:05
    Go: Can't render the file, [D:\***.rm]
    13:59:05
    Go: Can't process the big picture."

I need advice from someone with experience.
    Thanks in advance,
    Arnold
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Actually, I have installed .net framework 4.0
    Arnold
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well, I guess one has to learn from past mistakes.
    1. I have to thank Baldrick for his advice (quote: Have you installed .net framework 2.0 http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en ? ).
    2. After my reply that I have installed .net framework 4.0, noone commented - but my VTM by Scorp still refused to work.
    3. I removed .net framework 4.0, 3.5 and 3 from my computer and VTM came to life.
    4. Please note that when installing .net framework 4.0, actually versions 2.0, 3.0, 3.5 and 4.0 are installed one after another. When removing, start from 4.0, then remove 3.5 (each removal requires restart), then remove 3.0 (no restart required) - 2.0 remains installed.
    Arnold
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for posting your solution. It might help others also.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm not so sure about this solution now. A new Microsoft update is waiting to be installed, and guess what? It's an update of .net framework to version 3.5!
    And my joy was a bit premature too. The Video Thumbnail Maker works only with about 1 .rm file out of 10.
    Quote Quote