VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What does this mean. Im just trying to load a video clip into virtual dub so i can adjust the length, but its giving me this error. What do I do to fix this
    Quote Quote  
  2. Install the Xvid codec. Or some other VFW decoder that handles Xvid, like ffdshow.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    cool. it works now. Now how do I adjust bitrate on dvd flix. I have a bunch of videos that add up to 4.96 GB even after doing the tweaking with virtualdub. I cant cut them any more to make them have less GB. So I need to tweak the bitrate so that the clips will fit on a dvd disk. How do I do that
    Quote Quote  
  4. If you want to reduce the total file size, and you're not willing to cut anything out, you have to reencode one, some, or all of your videos with a lower bitrate. The basic procedure is to open a video file in VirtualDub, select Video -> Compression... highlight the Xvid codec and press the Configure button. From there you pick the bitrate you want. 2-pass variable bitrate will give you the best quality for the selected bitrate. Use a bitrate calculator to determine what bitrate you need to fit your files on a DVD.
    Quote Quote