VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hi All, I am a Newbie my computer is my Hobby! I am still learning" but I take a long time to absorb stuff especially this. So here goes. I will ask 3 questions as they are a bit different.
    1) Can I Download a Movie ‘AVI etc’ save it to my ‘Hard Drive’; then encode it with MediaCoder with whatever Coding will work?

Then Burn it to a Video-CD-RW 12/700mb/ (I do not have a DVD Burner)! Then Play them back on my digital DVD-Recorder – Player and DigitalTV? If so What encoding do I use and can you explain in detail please?

I have all the Spec’s of what my Digital DVD-Recorder/Player can play. I have already tried with a “movie” that was AVI but the Player say’s “No Disc” yet when you Read the DVD Players Spec in the 'Manual' It states ‘AVI’ ‘Divx’ The Playable codec’s are listed as:

DIV3-MP4-Mp2-Mp3 and DX503 the Audio listed is AC3 m-PCM-MP2- MP3-WMA CD Format - ISO 9660 JOLIET (See the Attachment) Remembering I do not have a DVD Burner.

2) Can I also download and save Video Streams of TV repeat Docos and program's has and put them on a Video-CD-RW and Play them on the DVD-Recorder/Player. DTV
    Hoping you can help Cheers Dasha
    3) Can I download non Protected DVD Movie to my Hard Drive and do that same as above.

My Computer is for “Home Use” and my hobby! It Is: a 2003 - Dell Desk Top with LCD 20" Screen, Intel Pentium 4 CPU, 2.80 Gig (75 % ) Un - used + 512 Meg Ram with Intel 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller’ and Running MS Windows Pro XP P3 & MS Office 2007 (Non Commercial)! In addition, MS Wireless Keyboard and Mouse.
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by dashas; 15th Jul 2010 at 23:23. Reason: Forgot Stuff
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can just buy a DVD burner for $20 and have a much higher quality of 4.3GB per disc versus 700MB on your CD
    Then you can learn to make DVD's properly

or you can just save the videos as you find them for playback from your computer's hard drive
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Your player might only play avi's from DVDR disks instead of CD's. Or it might only play avi's from CD-R's rather than CD-RW's. Or your avi's might not be compatible with your player. You need to check your manual to see what media your player will play avi's from.
    You also need to check you avi files to see what they contain. You can use MediaInfo for this.
    Check this sticky too -
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/295067-Common-DivX-DVD-Players-AVI-Playback-problems!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks KBeee and zoobie I have downoaded AVIRecomp thanks KBeee! I will also take a long hard look at buying a DVD Burner zoobee. Both are good solution's a lot easier and less confusing for me. I am so glad I found this site. Cheers to you both. Talk again soon Dasha
    Quote Quote