VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Okay, I haven't authored a DVD for a long time. But I had two some discs that I want to arrange in order and put some nice menus on.

I ripped them with DVD Decrypter in ifo mode producing a single VOB file for each ep. Like I said, it's been quite a while.But I don't remember having any problems just dragging and dropping .VOB files in older versions of the program.

Now it wont accept .VOB files? It's a DVD authoring program! WTF? It appears my only option with this program is to rerip all the discs as isos. Is there a DVD authoring program that will accept .VOB files?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    What makes you think it will accept ISO files?
    What makes you think a single VOB file is acceptable as "Add DVD Video" when true DVD Video is never one single VOB file?
    If you want to "Add A File"...the VOB file might work.
    Quote Quote  
  3. You can't drag and drop the VOB files. You'll need to navigate to the disc's VIDEO_TS folder using "Add DVD Video".
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    TDA uses ifo files for opening DVD material. Rip DVD to standard folder, drag VIDEO_TS_IFO file onto source window and follow the wizard (it will ask about importing chapters etc.). A bit faster than browsing from 'Add DVD Video' menu button.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks forall the replies.I have tried to just add a file.That doesn't work either. I guess my only option is to rerip the discs.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yep, re-rip properly.
    Guides for this at http://www.digitalFAQ.com/guides/video/index-edit-encode.htm
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  7. johnebadbak_70
    Search Comp PM
    try this.. rip with dvdfab7 then in the author program extract the mpg movie files from the video-ts folder of vobs, then use the author program to arrange the mpg files and then reauthor a new set of vobs which is created in a video-ts folder. You can now burn as a dvd. if the files are to big to fit disc then use dvdshrink to reauthor to a suitable size to fit dvd disk
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by johnebadbak_70 View Post
    in the author program extract the mpg movie files from the video-ts folder of vobs, then use the author program to arrange the mpg files
    I would not suggest that.
    That's not what authoring programs are for, and it commonly leads to errors.
    Quote Quote  
  9. johnebadbak_70
    Search Comp PM
    I would not suggest that.
    That's not what authoring programs are for, and it commonly leads to errors.

sorry have to disagree i have used tmpgenc author for many years and have not come across any errors in extracting mpg movie files from video-ts folder of vobs once extracted editing can be done on the mpg files in an editor then can be authored with dvdflick if necessary to make the file smaller to fit dvd 4.3gig disc if using dual layer then no problem.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    That's really the only authoring program that can do that, plus it's still not 100% effective. I've seen it choke on more complex commercial DVD sources.
    Quote Quote