VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 17
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by Seraphic- View Post
    Bob, did that ASUS x4 USB addon card arrive? Have a chance to mess around with it? Does it work better then the one you had before?

RBB, PS3 use Component and Xbox 360 HDMI if console has otherwise use component.
    Just installed it and it works purrrrfectly. It seems to be even better than the old card cause it asked me to update the firmware and it shows up as the Black-Magic Intenisty Shuttle. So yeah it works for me (motherboard: EVGA 3xSLi x58 Classified)
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by ronaldjeremy View Post
    I will chime in here if it will help anyone. I purchased the SIIG USB3 card from NewEgg found at http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815150161

I figured since it was the most expensive USB3 card I could find, that it would have the greatest chance of success. I have an EVGA 170-BL-E762-A1 X58 board with seven, yes seven PCI-E x16 slots. I followed all of the intructions on upgrading the firmware and driver version from station-drivers.com, but when I tried hooking up my shiny new Intensity Shuttle yesterday Windows would popup the message "usb controller bandwidth exceeded". In device manager it showed the Shuttle under "Sound, Video and Game Controllers" but with an error icon next to it. In properties Device Status it showed "This device cannot start. (code 10)". This is under Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

I tried switching the card around to two other PCIe slots, but the same thing happened.

The SIIG card has 2 USB3 slots, and the Shuttle was the only thing I had in it. I unplugged the Shuttle from the USB3 slot and plugged in a USB 2.0 device into it just to see if that would work, and the SIIG card initialized it normally.

Finally for giggles I installed the SIIG card into a gigabyte P35-DS3R under XP 32-bit, and as soon as I plugged in the Shuttle the exact same thing happened as with the EVGA /Win7 box.

So in conclusion there is no way for me to tell which is at fault -- the SIIG or the Shuttle. I just ordered the ASUS x4 card for overnight delivery from NewEgg to try and see if that works.
    The ASUS card you have ordered will fix this problem. The reason for the bandwidth exceeded error is because your motherboard has negotiated a PCIe Gen 1 speed for the slot your card is plugged into. The SIIG card you have is a single lane Gen 2 card but your motherboard is only letting it run at Gen 1 speeds. Gen 1 is 2.5Gb/s and Gen 2 is 5Gb/s. Hence the bandwidth error - the Shuttle needs the 5gb/s PCIe speeds.

The ASUS card is a 4 lane Gen 1 PCIe card that folds two lanes together to form two single lane Gen 2 slots - one for the USB3.0 host controller and the other for the SATA controller. This means you are *guaranteed* to get a Gen 2 connection to the USB Host Controller.

There is a possibility that your motherboard has a BIOS setting that will force your PCIe slots to be Gen 2 and so allow your SIIG card to work with the Shuttle.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    I just received my Shuttle and when connecting it to my laptop Device Manager reports "the device cannot start code 10".

I'm using a Dell M1330 laptop / 3GB / SSD and connecting with a SIIG ExpressCard/34 - http://www.siig.com/ViewProduct.aspx?pn=JU-EC0112-S1 I am using the external power adapter with the ExpressCard as well.

I'm not expecting to do 1080p with this setup of course, but right now I cannot get the system to recognize the Shuttle even to change setting with the control panel app.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ViNull View Post
    I just received my Shuttle and when connecting it to my laptop Device Manager reports "the device cannot start code 10".

I'm using a Dell M1330 laptop / 3GB / SSD and connecting with a SIIG ExpressCard/34 - http://www.siig.com/ViewProduct.aspx?pn=JU-EC0112-S1 I am using the external power adapter with the ExpressCard as well.

I'm not expecting to do 1080p with this setup of course, but right now I cannot get the system to recognize the Shuttle even to change setting with the control panel app.

didn't you read the requirements before purchasing? it will not work through any expresscard. it's hard enough to get working on a high powered brand new desktop.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Yeah, it's not going to work. Current ExpressCard standards are equivalent to PCIe x1 gen 1.0 speed at 2.5Gb/s. That's not enough for Intensity Shuttle.
    Blackmagic Design
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thanks for the info.

Is there a site that has system requirements to handle the IS
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by aedipuss View Post
    didn't you read the requirements before purchasing? it will not work through any expresscard. it's hard enough to get working on a high powered brand new desktop.
    Yes, I did - when I purchased the Shuttle in May (then followed a trail of delays from Blackmagic). It looks like last week this was added to the site in the form of an FAQ. Since Kristian Lam is confirming from Blackmagic it doesn't work I'm going to return the Shuttle - if it will be chained to a PC then there are cheaper options for my needs.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    sorry, i thought the specs came out before the product. that's how it should have been done.
    --
    Quote Quote  
  9. Ok so the good news is that i actually got things working in Media Express with the ASUS USB3 card after failing with the SIIG.

At first i was getting blank video from my Sony Handycam via HDMI. APparently the Shuttle cant handle the 1080p put out by the Handycam, so i had to go into the handycam setts and change it to 1080i and the feed appears in the "capture" window.

That's all well and good, but now I am having more trouble. The first thing I wanted to do is use the camera stream with Flash Media Encoder. I close Media Express, start FME, and then when I choose "Decklink Video Capture" as the device it says "Problem with Video Capture Device". Also, if I try launching LiveKey, it shows "Can't Create Decklink Video Capture Filter". So basically, it does not appear I can use the Decklink Video Capture device at all with the Shuttle. Is there anything I can try to fix this?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Update 2:

So I tried rebooting, and upon startup a message popped up that said the Shuttle's Firmware needed to be updated -- I clicked OK and it installed and said the Shuttle had been sucessfully updated and was ready to use. Unfortunately that did nothing to fix the "Decklink Video Capture" problem when I then tried launching FME.

This seems really strange, because when I launch Media Express the video stream beautifully appears in the Capture window and it definitely is working there, but it wont work in other applications when I try to specify the "Decklink Video Capture" source.

So I then tried rebooting again, and again the same firmware update notice appeared. I clicked OK, and it installed the firmware to the Shuttle just like the first time. Now I am suspicious this might happen every time I reboot, and sure enough, it does! To test I have rebooted the computer eight times, and each time when Windows starts the dialog appears to update the Shuttle firmware.

Can anyone else try this (especially anyone using the ASUS USB3 card)?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by ronaldjeremy View Post
    Update 2:

So I tried rebooting, and upon startup a message popped up that said the Shuttle's Firmware needed to be updated -- I clicked OK and it installed and said the Shuttle had been sucessfully updated and was ready to use. Unfortunately that did nothing to fix the "Decklink Video Capture" problem when I then tried launching FME.

This seems really strange, because when I launch Media Express the video stream beautifully appears in the Capture window and it definitely is working there, but it wont work in other applications when I try to specify the "Decklink Video Capture" source.

So I then tried rebooting again, and again the same firmware update notice appeared. I clicked OK, and it installed the firmware to the Shuttle just like the first time. Now I am suspicious this might happen every time I reboot, and sure enough, it does! To test I have rebooted the computer eight times, and each time when Windows starts the dialog appears to update the Shuttle firmware.

Can anyone else try this (especially anyone using the ASUS USB3 card)?
    Mine also kept updating the firmware after I restarted my computer but it stopped after the 3rd time.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post

Mine also kept updating the firmware after I restarted my computer but it stopped after the 3rd time.
    Yep mine has also stopped. Are you able to use the video stream anywhere other than Media Express via "Decklink Video Capture"?
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by ronaldjeremy View Post
    Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post

Yep mine has also stopped. Are you able to use the video stream anywhere other than Media Express via "Decklink Video Capture"?
    I can get it to capture with Adobe Premiere Pro! I can't get it to work with Vegas 9 pro though. (It's a trial though i don't know if that matters or not?)
    Quote Quote  
  14. Hello guys I know that this question is probably asked a lot but i still don`t get it

I got my intensity shouttle today

followed all th instructions with the NEC 3.0 and frimware and on USB 3.0 Controll Utility everything is so as in the instrution.
    When I plug in the CC my PC just don`t detect it on USB 2.0 it says intensity shouttle...

So what am I making wrong??

I Have a Asus x58 based motherboard with intigrated 3.0 usb
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello all first time poster so be gentle

Having some issues with my Intensity Shuttle

1. On clicking Livekey I receive this message - Can't create Decklink capture filter

2. On restarting my computer I receive a prompt to install drivers however on accepting I receive: an error has prevented video codecs from being installed. You may need to reinstall Blackmagic Decklink Error code 0x80080015

Desperate here been trying for two days now to get this to work don't know how many times now I've uninstalled reinstalled restarted but its definitely in the high 20's

All USB 3.0 drivers and firmware have been updated as directed in installation instructions 2.0.4.0 (driver) and 3.0.2.5 (firmware)

Beginning to think a power outage that occurred just after installation when the shuttle is supposed to update its firmware caused an internal fault because I am absolutely stumped.

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

P6X58D Premium motherboard
    Intel i7 Core 930
    Windows 7 64 bit
    6G RAM
    1T HDD
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by vanished001 View Post

1. On clicking Livekey I receive this message - Can't create Decklink capture filter

2. On restarting my computer I receive a prompt to install drivers however on accepting I receive: an error has prevented video codecs from being installed. You may need to reinstall Blackmagic Decklink Error code 0x80080015

Desperate here been trying for two days now to get this to work don't know how many times now I've uninstalled reinstalled restarted but its definitely in the high 20's

All USB 3.0 drivers and firmware have been updated as directed in installation instructions 2.0.4.0 (driver) and 3.0.2.5 (firmware)

Beginning to think a power outage that occurred just after installation when the shuttle is supposed to update its firmware caused an internal fault because I am absolutely stumped.

Intel i7 Core 930
    Windows 7 64 bit
    6G RAM
    1T HDD
    I had that exact problem before with my other usb3.0 PCIe x1 2.0 card but when i installed the ASUS x4 PCIe Card it worked and installed new firmware for the shuttle. But livekey still doesn't work for me either but i'm not exactly sure what it is anyways lol. Does the shuttle work with Blackmagic Media Express?
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post

I had that exact problem before with my other usb3.0 PCIe x1 2.0 card but when i installed the ASUS x4 PCIe Card it worked and installed new firmware for the shuttle. But livekey still doesn't work for me either but i'm not exactly sure what it is anyways lol. Does the shuttle work with Blackmagic Media Express?
    I am assuming if noone can get the Decklink source working in livekey that noone has been able to get it to work in Flash Media Encoder? Use with FME is the entire reason I bought the Shuttle, I am hoping there is a solution to this issue.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi everyone,

First time poster. I am trying to use the intensity shuttle on a newly acquired ASUS N61-JV, which comes with a native USB 3.0 port.

The laptop uses Intel's HM55 chipset, a Core i5 processor, and Renesas Electronics USB 3.0 Host Controller with driver version 2.0.4.0 and fimware version 3025. I am using Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit and the latest Intensity Shuttle drivers from the BlackMagic website.

Although Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle does appear in the device manager, the device status indicates: "This device cannot start. (Code 10)"

Also, When the laptop starts up with the Shuttle connected, I get the following error message:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    USB Controller Bandwidth Exceeded
    The controller does not have enough bandwidth available for the Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle, which has requested 1% of the bus bandwidth.

The items listed below are being used by a program and are consuming bandwidth.
    Controller Bandwidth Used
    Renesas Electronics USB 3.0 Host Controller
    Port1 10%
    Port2 10%
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

It seems stange that the controller cannot allocate the 1% bandwidth requested by the Intensity Shuttle if only 10% of the bandwidth is being used.

Anyone has an idea of how to fix this problem? I understand that Blackmagic only rubber stamps the HP envy so far, but I cannot understand why it should not work on a system built with a native USB 3.0 port? Thanks for your help!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    the only built-in usb3 ports that will work are on x58 chipsets and even of those only 4 have been tested as working. other than those an add-in usb card is required for p55 chipsets and add-in cards through expresscards don't work.
    --
    Quote Quote  
  20. hell guys does anyone know how to setup in media express for the xbox???
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    Originally Posted by vanished001 View Post

Intel i7 Core 930
    Windows 7 64 bit
    6G RAM
    1T HDD
    The thing is my motherboard has USB 3.0 integrated and its on the confirmed list to work with the shuttle, its not a PCIe card at all. Nope I can't get a picture anywhere not in media express or sony vegas pro 9e. Think I have sent about 10 emails off the Blackmagic but still no response. I also keep receiving the prompt to install drivers whenever my computer returns from sleep mode but still get an error has prevented video codecs from being installed. You may need to reinstall Blackmagic Decklink Error code 0x80080015
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by NjoY View Post
    hell guys does anyone know how to setup in media express for the xbox???
    I didn't have any issues with the xbox 360. I have my express set the same as my output for my 360 (720p). The actual setting in media express is 720@59.94. Not sure if that is what your asking?
    Quote Quote  
  23. the problem is that I can`t setup output how do i do this ???

The other thing is that I don`t have a picture on my monitor when i put the HDMI kabel through the intensity.........

can you add me on xbl KD I En J o Y
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok I finally have picture but no sound I had sound with no picture then I clicked 720p @ 59.94 which gave me picture and sound then my system restarted because of a windows update now I have no sound just picture. I hear the sound clearly through my tv but no sound is recorded on capture. What the hell is going on?

This device is very annoying.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Originally Posted by vanished001 View Post
    The thing is my motherboard has USB 3.0 integrated and its on the confirmed list to work with the shuttle, its not a PCIe card at all. Nope I can't get a picture anywhere not in media express or sony vegas pro 9e. Think I have sent about 10 emails off the Blackmagic but still no response. I also keep receiving the prompt to install drivers whenever my computer returns from sleep mode but still get an error has prevented video codecs from being installed. You may need to reinstall Blackmagic Decklink Error code 0x80080015
    I get picture and audio just fine in media express and have never gotten the 0x80080015 error so Im thinking it had something to do with your power outage. I would try doing a system restore to some point before you first installed the USB 3.0 Desktop. And just to be sure, you are installing the "USB 3.0 Desktop" from the download section, not "DeckLink", correct?

So on the DeckLink note, I am wondering why after installing the USB 3.0 Desktop that a "DeckLink Video Capture" source is added to Windows instead of something like "Shuttle Video Capture"? Considering that so far noone has been able to get the "DeckLink Video Capture" source to work, it probably shouldn't be there. This is getting frustrating, I also contacted the Blackmagic support a few days ago and havent heard anything yet. Pretty much just twittling my thumbs waiting for an answer so I can proceed using the Shuttle with Flash Media Encoder...
    Quote Quote  
  26. Originally Posted by Replay01 View Post

It seems stange that the controller cannot allocate the 1% bandwidth requested by the Intensity Shuttle if only 10% of the bandwidth is being used.

Anyone has an idea of how to fix this problem? I understand that Blackmagic only rubber stamps the HP envy so far, but I cannot understand why it should not work on a system built with a native USB 3.0 port? Thanks for your help!
    I have the same problem with Thinkpad w510 which uses the QM57 chipset. I am pretty sure the 1% bandwidth is not the problem (I guess this is just some wrong error message). I am pretty sure the problem is the internal connection between the USB 3.0 and the chipset which is a bottleneck (so you don't get the 4.8Gb/s. That is the same problem with Expresscard. With Expresscard you only have 250 MB/s maximum.

The funny thing is that I have seen guys using the intensity pro card in the heavy pricely Expressbox1 from MAGMA which connects via Expresscard. I am wondering why that would work? There should be the same bandwidth problem like the Shuttle has. Or is the MAGMA box using some kind of lossless compression?

I am also wondering why the Envy 15 seems to work with the Shuttle. It has a PM55 chipset. The QM57 is based on PM55, right? The only difference I could find is the QM57 offers integrated graphics. Could that be a problem?

I hope Blackmagic makes it possible to use the Shuttle with w510 and other laptops. I would buy the Envy 15 if it was better quality. It's a shame that I can't find a mobile and professional solution for HD capture on PC.
    Last edited by visionlabz; 18th Jul 2010 at 16:47.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search PM
    Hi guys,

We did a driver update shortly after releasing Intensity Shuttle. This driver can be downloaded from here:

http://blackmagic-design.com/support/software/register.asp?download=612

Just click on the "Download Now" button if you don't want to register your details.

Remember to uninstall any existing Intensity Shuttle driver before installing the new version.

Let's make sure you're all running the latest driver so we have a baseline to start with trying to understand the issues you're encountering.
    Last edited by Kristian Lam; 18th Jul 2010 at 19:59.
    Blackmagic Design
    Quote Quote  
  28. Originally Posted by Kristian Lam View Post
    Hi guys,

We did a driver update shortly after releasing Intensity Shuttle. This driver can be downloaded from here:

http://blackmagic-design.com/support/software/register.asp?download=612

Just click on the "Download Now" button if you don't want to register your details.

Remember to uninstall any existing Intensity Shuttle driver before installing the new version.

Let's make sure you're all running the latest driver so we have a baseline to start with trying to understand the issues you're encountering.
    I have only used the driver from your website (first installed it on Friday) and the version in Device Manager says 7.7.1.0. If 7.7.1.0 is the most recent driver version, I have been using that from the start. Is 7.7.1.0 the most recent?
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ronaldjeremy View Post
    Originally Posted by vanished001 View Post
    I get picture and audio just fine in media express and have never gotten the 0x80080015 error so Im thinking it had something to do with your power outage. I would try doing a system restore to some point before you first installed the USB 3.0 Desktop. And just to be sure, you are installing the "USB 3.0 Desktop" from the download section, not "DeckLink", correct?

So on the DeckLink note, I am wondering why after installing the USB 3.0 Desktop that a "DeckLink Video Capture" source is added to Windows instead of something like "Shuttle Video Capture"? Considering that so far noone has been able to get the "DeckLink Video Capture" source to work, it probably shouldn't be there. This is getting frustrating, I also contacted the Blackmagic support a few days ago and havent heard anything yet. Pretty much just twittling my thumbs waiting for an answer so I can proceed using the Shuttle with Flash Media Encoder...
    Yep I only ever opened USB 3.0 Desktop its ridiculous they even have those other files on there, except for media express they have absolutely nothing to do with the shuttle. I still haven't heard back from them either. And I don't know what Kristian Lam is on about after the first time it didn't work I downloaded the same driver back, its 7.7.1.0 just like on the disk. So it works but I get no sound and the media express window will not compact now its so big I cant even see then entire program at all. I'm seriously thinking about reinstalling my windows just to get this thing to work that's how desperate I'm getting.
    Quote Quote