VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I can't get these scripts to work, I get an error thrown telling me that it there is no function named "audiodubex"
    Code:
    ffmpegsource2("NTSC_MPEG2forDVD_video_test.m2v") 
    AssumeTFF() 
    ConvertToYV12(interlaced=true) 
    yadifmod(edeint=nnedi2())
    Code:
    ffmpegsource2("NTSC_MPEG2forDVD_video_test.m2v") 
    AssumeTFF() 
    interp=NNEDI2(field=0) 
    Yadifmod(order=0, field=-1, mode=0, edeint=interp)
    Also, to verify:
    For using ffmpegsource2 do I really need the Haali splitter installed for MPEG-2 SD DVD-Video program streams or elementary streams? For that matter, is there issue using with an MPEG-2 elementary stream? (No, I don't want to mess with D2V files, I want an alternate direct source access method. That's another discussion.)

Using DirectShowSource2 instead, I tried both scripts.

Code:
    DSS2("NTSC_MPEG2forDVD_video_test.m2v") 
    AssumeTFF() 
    yadifmod(edeint=nnedi2())
    Code:
    DSS2("NTSC_MPEG2forDVD_video_test.m2v") 
    AssumeTFF() 
    interp=NNEDI2(field=0) 
    Yadifmod(order=0, field=-1, mode=0, edeint=interp)
    I was expecting higher quality deinterlacing. What I ended up with was blended frames?

Click image for larger version

Name:	yadif-frame-blending.jpg
Views:	2033
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	2572

What am I missing here?

(This is why I hate Avisynth. For as much as people can show how well it works, it always seems to fail in real world use. Part of the problem is the complete lack of documentation, or major holes in existing docs, for most of the program and filters.)

I'm using jagabo's (attached) sample animation clip.
    Image Attached Files
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  2. do I really need the Haali splitter installed for MPEG-2 SD DVD-Video program streams or elementary streams? For that matter, is there issue using with an MPEG-2 elementary stream? (No, I don't want to mess with D2V files, I want an alternate direct source access method. That's another discussion.)
    No , you don't need haali splitter for m2v files . But DGIndex is still more consistent IMO, and the first to go to for DVD-Video sources

For transport streams, it sometimes gets the FPS incorrect (you have to fix it with AssumeFPS)

What am I missing here?
    It's all in the documentation. (But I know, it's verbose and a PITA to read it all)

The ffms2.avsi file in the zip file defines the audiodub function for ffmpegsource2 which dubs audio & video . ".avsi" files are autoloading scripts when put in the plugins folder

Or you could use ffvideosource() if you just want video

FFMpegSource2("video.m2v",atrack=-1)

is the same thing as

vid=FFVideoSource("video.m2v")
    aud=FFAudioSource("audio.ac3")
    AudioDub(vid,aud)

On this particular sample, field order is TFF, so your script should be as below (for single rate deinterlacing) . NNEDI2 arguments have to match those of yadifmod (yadifmod mode=0 is single rate, order=1 is TFF ; for NNEDI2, field=1 means single rate, TFF)

ffvideosource("VTS_01_1.m2v")
    yadifmod(order=1, mode=0, edeint=NNEDI2(field=1))
    Last edited by poisondeathray; 9th Jul 2010 at 10:20.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I think ffvideosource is a lost cause. It keeps giving errors about not having audio. Then it says assumeTFF is invalid. Screw that one.

DSS2 works.

But I still get blending of frames. That's really what I'm more worried about.
    Quote Quote  
  4. It works fine here with either (dss2 or ffvideosource) with that video sample above - no blending. Did you use the exact same script posted above? Delete the index created by ffvideosource and re-index it

The problem with DSS2 is that it relies on your directshow filters, and you know the potential problems that can cause. It maybe why you are getting blends

DGIndex is the most consistent and less prone to these issues and things like directshow problems
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Do I not need:

AssumeTFF()
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by lordsmurf View Post
    Do I not need:

AssumeTFF()

For that particular sample, it's redundant and not required because it's already in YV12 colorspace.

If you were converting to RGB, then you would have to specify interlaced=true. If you were using vdub filters, you might want to do this (to avoid vdub's YUV=>RGB conversion , you also might want to specify PC.601 matrix for 0-255, so you don't lose 0-15, and 236-255)

The field order was also specified in yadifmod, and nnedi2 , when you used the arguments above

You can leave those lines in if you want, but it won't affect the results.
    Last edited by poisondeathray; 9th Jul 2010 at 10:59.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Beware: DirectShowSource or DSS2 may be deinterlacing even before AviSynth gets the frames. I think that's what's happening in the sample image above (blend deinterlace).

What colorspace the video is in after DirectShowSource or DSS2 will depend on what the MPEG2 decoder put out. Not always YV12.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Beware: DirectShowSource or DSS2 may be deinterlacing even before AviSynth gets the frames. I think that's what's happening in the sample image above (blend deinterlace).

What colorspace the video is in after DirectShowSource or DSS2 will depend on what the MPEG2 decoder put out. Not always YV12.
    Good points . Some more reasons to use DGIndex!

FFVideoSource will always put out YV12 from a MPEG2 source (unless it's a 4:2:2 MPEG2 video, which it will put out YUY2 then)
    Quote Quote  
  9. Here's the benchmark to shoot for with that clip:

MPEG2Source("VTS_01_1.d2v", CPU=2)
    AssumeTFF()
    SeparateFields()
    SelectEvery(10,0,1,2,3,5,6,8,9)
    Weave()
    Be sure to use Honor Pulldown Flags in DgIndex.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by lordsmurf View Post
    This is why I hate Avisynth. For as much as people can show how well it works, it always seems to fail in real world use. Part of the problem is the complete lack of documentation, or major holes in existing docs, for most of the program and filters.)
    Come on lordsmurf - you've been told FOUR times now why it's not working, and even a cursory look over at doom9 would have shown almost everyone use MPEG2source from DGIndex for mpeg2, and almost everyone saying to avoid directshowsource for MPEG2. As for using ffmpeg?!?!?!?!!!!

"lack of documentation" - you're not telling me you read documentation?!?!!!

Cheers,
    David.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Indeed, it was DSS with issues, FF worked better. Thanks for the reminder.
    Thanks poison, for the assist on FF, that was a new one for me.
    Quote Quote