VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Recently, I started using VFAPI to take Womble MPEG Video Wizard DVD project files (.wbp) and put them in an AVI container, in order so that I could encode them in Procoder. My reasoning for doing this of course is that MPEG Video Wizard has a terrible encoder itself -- and this allows me to use all the filters, effects, and transitions internal to MPEG Video Wizard, but pass the encoding part of them off to Procoder.

Anyhow -- I noticed that files that have been frame-served through VFAPI (although I understand VFAPI is not really a frame-server per say) are significantly more contrasted (darks are darker, whites are brighter).

This didn't seem to make sense to me and I assume it was Procoder doing it even though I was using the default settings. To test I ran a short video clip I saved from MPEG Video Wizard (MPG) directly through ProCoder -- and it was fine, it matches in contrast with the rest of the footage on my time-line. So either VFAPI is doing something strange to the video or Procoder is doing something strange with the .wbp project file.

Is it possible that my video card color settings could cause any of these changes? Could it be related to a colorspace issue?

Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks again so much in advance!
    Quote Quote  
  2. VFAPI receives only uncompressed RGB data. It was obsolete and useless 5 years ago. Use AviSynth scripts to frameserve.
    Quote Quote