VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    PREAMBLE Firstly to the moderators of this forum, if this thread is in the wrong category I apoligize because I didnt know where to post this...

My issue is this... In a nutshell I recently burnt a DVD-R with about 1200 .wma music files on them. LOL this disc is some really HOTT sh*t like I should be a DJ... but back to my problem, what occured is I put the DVD that I burnt into my standalone dvd player in my living room and it would only play 600 songs, I cant enter any number past 600 and honestly the furthest I been able to seek past track 600 is maybe 650 or so. I need to know why my DVD player cant read all the music.

I have a Phillips 5990/37 DVD player and all my music is not arranged in any folders...

Im not sure what the issue is, Im pretty drunk+stoned and I would like to get my music in order because 4th of July is today(well tommarow 2:35 am just got in from the bar) and I would like to know how to fix this issue so I can access all 1200 .wmas I copied over from my harddrive... Dont Know if the music should be put into folders OR if its some issue like perhaps I burnt an ISO and I needed to use the UDF file system....

really not sure what the problem is but Im going to shoot off some mortar ball fireworks up in the air...

happy 4th of july everyone and america ******* kicks ass

have fun partying everyone and peace out

-frieday
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by frieday View Post
    ...all my music is not arranged in any folders...
    That might be a place to start looking!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'd agree. I've burned a CD with mp3 audio tracks and one folder has about 150 tracks in it. My portable CD player can only seek up to 100. Why have you burnt to DVD? 1200 tracks in wma format should fit on CD?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    While it doesn't seem to explicitly state a limit for files burned to DVDs, it does say that for USB it supports up to 300 folders and 648 files, which would seem to match what you are finding with your mp3 disc. So basically, more than 648 is just wasting discs. If you have any brain cells left after your celebration, give the manual a read.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote