VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Have been shooting 1080p on Panasonic HDC-TM700P with great results. Just got a Panasonic VW-BN2PP burner to produce AVCHD discs. When the burned disc is played back through the burner and Camcorder, footage looks just as good as when played back from Camcorder memory or chip in Camcorder, but when the same AVCHD disc is played back through my Sony BDP-S300 Blu-ray player the same disc looks flat and a bit washed out. When covrerting the 1080p footage to AVCHD have only used the highest resolution of HA. It also seems strange that when playing back the AVCHD on the Blu-ray player that the MPS rate shows up as a Max of about 10.0 where commerical Blu-rays peg around 30 to 40 MPS. Both are connected to a 47 inch LG TV with HDMI cables. Regular commerical Blu-rays look great with the Sony player so why do my AVCHD discs look so poor on the player and look good on the burner/Camcorder combo?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    try shooting in a blu--ray spec format. the 1080 60p is not and never will be an allowed format, it's not in the specs. any encoding to a lower format will cause a lose of quality.

are you experiencing the same defect/complaint of other buyers, i.e. the fan built into the cam is extremely loud and quite noticeable in videos?
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't hear the fan and has not been an issue with me. I think that issue has been blown way out of proportion. Also have used an external mic. Most of my commerical Blu-rays are 1080p. It shows up on the screen. The AVCHD shows up as AVCHD. Will try your suggestion, but the burner converts the 1080p to AVCHD and if it looks fine when played back on the burner/camcorder why should it look worse on the Blu-ray. The reason I am concerned is that I would like to send friends AVCHDs and would like them to look as good as what I see on the Camcorder/Burner combination. I could shoot at a lower quality level, but that is not why I bought this product.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    sorry - you're right there was a revision of the bluray specs to include 60p

In July 2008, the ATSC standards were amended to incorporate H.264/MPEG-4 AVC compression and 1080p at 50, 59.94 and 60 frames per second (1080p50 and 1080p60). Such frame rates require H.264/AVC High Profile Level 4.2, while standard HDTV frame rates only require Level 4.
    This update is not expected to result in widespread availability of 1080p60 programming, since most of the existing digital receivers in use would only be capable of decoding the older, less-efficient MPEG-2 codec, and operator bandwidth limitations do not allow for broadcasting two simultaneous streams on the same broadcast channel (e.g. both a 1080i MPEG-2 stream alongside a 1080p MPEG-4 stream).
    you'd have to check the equipment specs of the players used to see if they can handle it.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote