VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I'm extremely angry about how companies continue to use the public as beta testers for products that were released before proper testing was conducted. For instance, the iPhone 4 now has issues with it's ingenious antenna design. We were told that this antenna would enhance the product yet what we found by holding the phone in your hand you will slowly deplete the signal strength.

This issue has been reported on several sites and news organizations world wide.

I had the phone on order for July delivery but decided to cancel the order completely after all the negative reports concerning the antenna. This is another case of greed over quality, I expected better from Apple but I guess we live in a new world where profit outshines character, and reputations suffer.

It's a damn shame!
    Do unto others....with a vengeance!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I don't know why people are afraid of protruding antennas.
    - Do they think it looks like your phone has a penis?
    - Are antennas so "uncool" that it's worth having shit signal quality?

I don't get the antenna thing.

I made sure my current phone had a big antenna --
    -- and I don't care if it pokes me in the leg when I sit down sometimes. I can shift it.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I had a Treo phone with a protruding antenna a few years ago and hardly had any drop calls. It brings back memories .
    Quote Quote  
  4. they said it's a software issue and an update is on the way in few weeks.

the question is .is it a hardware or software issue?

if it's hardware Apple is going to be in deep trouble for years
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I agree, I felt with proper testing this issue might have been remedied before it hit the market.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    From what I read it is a software issue. The palm of your left hand is soft so it wares on the antenna
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Apple is full of BS....it's a design flaw on the iphone itself....consumers have already filed class action lawsuits against them....who the hell would buy a smartphone and be told later that you can't hold it in your left hand....Apple=morons....of course that's just my opinion.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Apparently - according to apple - it is a software issue. They are calculating the strength level incorrectly and presenting a much higher level than the phone is actually receiving. Which is a perfectly viable story up until you get to the bit that holding the phone a certain way eventually gets it presenting the signal at the correct strength. Apple are saying that people who are suffering these drop outs are already in a low signal area, but because of the bug, think they have a much better signal than they do. Apple are also saying that this problem exists in the past two versions of the iPhone, and that a software update will be released within the next 3 weeks to rectify the problem. What does this patch do - according to Apple, it simply uses the industry standard method for calculating signal strength, instead of some formula they made up themselves. Not everyone is buying this story though.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/10490572.stm
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Anyone try multi-tasking on iOS 4.0? It's probably the absolute worst implementation of multi-tasking. The apps never shut down unless you shut them down. Shouldn't there be an option in each to "minimize" or something instead of simply placing every app in the background?

After my contract is up, I'm going with an Android phone. I want to be able to do what I want, when I want it with my phone.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Guest
    Problem solved.
    Image Attached Images  
    Quote Quote  
  11. from engadgets

"And all you iPhone 4 users, enjoy your phone condom. Me and my android will go make a call without "

Apple affirms: no software fix for iPhone 4 antenna issue

http://www.engadget.com/2010/07/16/apple-affirms-no-software-fix-for-iphone-4-antenna-issue/
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    According to google and apple numbers, Android phones are outselling the new iPhones at better than 2 : 1. I am betting all the current publicity isn't helping Apple's cause, either. How Apple (or anyone) though a software patch would change the laws of physics is beyond me.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I don't know if it was posted in this thread or not already but Consumer Reports gave the Iphone 4 a NOT RECOMMENDED rating

I love it when the almighty get taken down a notch

I like the idea of ANDROID taking over - hopefully the DROID phones get going too - that means more money for LUCASFILM since DROID is a tm - check the commercials if you don't believe me - for the droid commercial it shows trademark lucasfilm at the bottom
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Apparently Jobs got up at the press conference yesterday saying that no phone is perfect, and trying to excuse the iPhone's problems by showing other phones such as the blackberry displaying signal drop off when held in certain ways. The difference is that the iPhone loses it when held in a natural way. Kind of Ford saying it's ok our cars burst into flames when you sit in them because GM's cars burst into flames when you drive them into a wall.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote