i have a wd live hd media player and i have found that using ANY DVD i can rip my blurays to an external hard drive and then connect up to the media player and then the play back appears to be of equal quality as playing through my pioneer blu ray player with a couple of problems (1) the audio sometimes plays in a language other than english,sometimes by pressing the option button on the remote and bringing up its menu then clicking the audio options it will play in english (sometimes) (2) on ripping the blurays to hard drive the media player will with some films not start at the beginning but commence playback a shortway into the film and as the media player has not got a menu that allows you to return to the beginning you only have the option of watching the film from somewhere other than the start,(3) on connecting up the media player to my home theatre i can only access audio through the front speakers. and finally what bd rebuilder programme do i download to reduce the bluray data from 50GB to fit a 25GB BD disc. AND MAKE IT SIMPLE AS I AM NOT A COMPUTER WHIZ