VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. i have an mkv files and when i extract using MKVExtract GUI ; i found file with xxxx.H264 extention and looks like my program does not recognize it ...

and my question ... is there any programs to encode or compress these xxxx.H264 files to .H264 again with feature which i can decide the size of the file, cause i need to compress those file and merge again using mkvmerge.

my files originally around 500 mb for 25 minutes and thats a problems for 100++ episode for just an 1 title ...

im really desperate to compress to around 250 mb or 300 mb

anyone can help me ???
    Quote Quote  
  2. Don't extract it, use the original format in .mkv container. Most programs have problems opening raw avc files
    Quote Quote  
  3. So it means, i must use what program to compress ???

direct compress : the subtitles are going nuts even i can decide bitrate or final size

or i can using mkvmerge to extract it ?? with results .mkv on video
    Quote Quote  
  4. i'm assuming you don't want to hardsub

use mkvtoolnix to remove all other streams you don't want (uncheckmark them) => mux a new mkv

you can add back soft subs after it's re-encoded with mkvtoolnix

You can use for example: ripbot264, handbrake, staxrip , megui, xvid4psp , many others etc... to compress
    Quote Quote  
  5. i think its works ....

mux a new mkv => Extract sound, subtitles and font using Mkvextract => encode the mux mkv => join all files with mkvtoolnix

i post the result tomorrow (its not tomorrow again at my country, its nearly morning here 4 o'clock ...)

i gotta sleep ...
    Quote Quote  
  6. you don't need mkvextract , use mkvtoolnix and uncheckmark the other streams in 1 step
    Quote Quote  
  7. Well if i dont mkvextract to extract the subs and font and just using mkvtoolnix, the subs wont be shown. either with mkvextract for extract font, subs and than mux again with mkvtoolnix .... the subs are shown exactly like the original files ...
    Quote Quote