VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Ok lets see if I can explain this one...LOL

I have a blu ray player Samsung C6500 and as I do not have a blu ray disc player for my computer I was wondering if you can stream from the player to the computer so you can do screen caps...ie like capturing from a sky+ box...actually thinking about it I should be able to connect a capture card to the player using the component plugs can't I...I know it won't be in blu ray but I could screen cap from it?

Mmmm....if this makes any sense to anyone would be grateful for any help as I have a blu ray discs I would love to screen cap from.

Thanks in advance guys

Kriss
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hauppauge HD PVR
    Avertv HD DVR
    Quote Quote  
  3. Unfortuately I can't afford the HD version but would it work with AverMedia C038 capture card?

And I take it I am correct about connecting it then?

Thanks

Kriss
    Quote Quote  
  4. That Avermedia card doesn't have component inputs, only s-video and composite. As long as the player is putting out a standard definition analog signal via s-video or composite you should be able to capture it. Unless the player is putting out a CGMS-A protected signal and the card respects it (the Hauppage HD-PVR ignores it).

Be aware that AACS rules require all analog outputs on Blu-ray players be disabled in 2013. To prevent exactly what you want to do.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Little buggers...LOL...everyone seems to want to take away all our fun...

Thanks for the help......getting my words all wrong meant composite not component...LOL...

Kriss
    Quote Quote