VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I posted this on the DveRemake forum but thought I would share here: The attached frame shows up at the beginning of the movie Fargo.

However, inside DvdRemake, you only see a black screen with audio playing in background. Other software players designed to take screen shots work fine with other frames but only show a black frame when you try to take a screen shot of this disclaimer, proving that it was somehow inserted, but it doesn't show up in PGC 1 cell 1, only black screen is there, for the few seconds when shows up in between scenes.

I took the screnshot using other means but this is interesting, how did they get this frame to show?

The cell shows music playing uninterrupted from the initial MGM Lion shot to PolyGram Entertainment shot to Fargo snow opening scene. And in between is the black screen without the 'True Story' disclaimer. Where is it coming from?

The movie Fargo did not actually take place in real life as depicted in the movie by the way so the disclaimer is technically not accurate and ruins the movie imho .
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fargo.jpg
Views:	1661
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	2425  

Last edited by c627627; 24th Jun 2010 at 15:58.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The disclaimer is part of the joke and perfectly sets up the movie
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    All right. Where on the disc structure is it? It appears to be superimposed. Video Title Set 1 PGC 1 Cell 1 contains frames before and after the disclaimer. The music never stops, the screen fades to black when you play Cell 1 and there is no disclaimer.

But when you play the movie using a software video player - it is there. Have you ever seen something like that?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It could be a sub-picture (subtitle).
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    As I mentioned on the DvdRemake forum, turning subtitles on or off had no affect. Does sub mean subpicture or subtitle by the way?

Here's the soultion to my question:
    I used DVDSubEdit freeware http://download.videohelp.com/DVDSubEdit/

1. Use DVDSubEdit to open .vob file containing the subpic.

2. CHECK: Ignore transparency [middle right] then move frames until you see it.

3. File > Save current subpic as a bitmap.

4. Edit the saved .bmp and save it as a 24-Bit Windows .bmp file.

5. DVDSubEdit > File > Replace current subpic with .BMP file then File > Save all modifications

By the way: The movie Fargo appears to have different subpic trivia on each and every frame. Even the MGM lion has subpic trivia about it. How do you view a movie to include all subpic trivia?
    Last edited by c627627; 25th Jun 2010 at 02:06.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Subtitles are subpics, but then so are menu highlights. It could be a forced subtitle. I will dig out my version of Fargo for a look when I get a chance. Text based trivia tracks are basically just another subtitle track, and you should be able to turn them on or off with the subtitle button on the remote.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I noticed that there were subpicss on every frame. But the 'True Story' disclaimer you like and I do not cannot be turned off unless it's edited. I succeeded in doing that, screen shots in post #8 here:
    http://www.cdr-zone.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=49170
    Quote Quote