VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi all
    I have been copying stuff from video tape to dvd-r, used Mpg2cut2 to divide them into individual files eg commercials and then uploading them to Youtube and they are fine for videotape quality. But i find any file over a couple of minutes after uploading & processing, the audio is then out of sync, the only theory i have for this is maybe because i am using PAL video & youtube is converting it to NTSC?
    Anyway then i have converted some longer files to MPEG4 with SUPER & uploading them because thats one of the file types they recommend & they seem to turn out fine, which is great but if they are files over a few 100 mb then its pretty slow on my old 1.6ghz Sempron with 512mb ram eg tried a 700mb file & quit after
    30mins because it had only done about 20% of it.

Any ideas on what other programs i could use to do this that would be faster on my old pc? without degrading quality too much, as i said its only video tape but i want it to still be pretty clear picture.
    cheers from Oz
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by scarypoultry View Post
    the only theory i have for this is maybe because i am using PAL video & youtube is converting it to NTSC?
    No, if it's 25fps to begin with, YouTube keeps it at 25fps.

You could try AutoGK and do a Target Quality 1-pass encode at the default 75% and see if you like the results.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Your original VHS files would be luck to have 400 lines of resolution with as many pixels to start with. The DVD standard (PAL) is 720 x 575. So you really can't use that resolution and it would be slowing down your upload unless you dumped it in Super.
    I'd suggest using wmv at 320 x 240 (which was YouTubes original resolution (flash) before HQ and HD).
    I know Youtube recommends H.264 -- but that's because it streams H.264 in an FLV container for HD.
    Quote Quote