VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6
Thread
  1. Hi all, hopefully someone can help me here!

    I have been using ripbot for quite a while, at least 6 months. Had no problems with it until today. In fact, it was working fine this morning. But now, whenever I try to load a new file to process, I get the following error:

    MPEG2Source : unable to load D2V file "E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.d2v"
    (E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\getinfo.avs, line 2)"

    I don't think it's a problem with the DVD I've ripped, as I have tried it on files which I have successfully encoded already. Same problem. I know it sounds weird, but I didn't change ANYTHING between the time it was working, and when it stopped working. Since the error popped up I've tried removing and reinstalling all the components (ffdshow, haali, avisynth) and updating to the latest version of ripbot. I've also tried doing a system restore. Does anyone have any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    USA
    Search Comp PM
    First thing to try is a older version of RipBot. Sometimes one in the 1.4X series fixes it. RB doesn't install, so having more than one version isn't a problem.

    Then check your ffdshow settings. In particular the codec used to decode the filetype. Programs like WMP seem to be able to mess that up.

    Also check your file locations and make sure they are all valid.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for your response! I've tried older versions of ripbot (1.5.1, 1.12.0, 1.14.6, 1.16.1) all with no luck.

    I've had a look at the "Video decoder configuration" of ffdshow, and everything seems ok.

    I looked at the temp folder when the error occurred, and it seems that there isn't a d2v file there at all. I think it's trying to open the preview d2v file (which is supposed to be created by DGIndex), but for some reason it's not being produced anymore. It looks like the DGDecode.dll plugin isn't loading?

    I looked for the file which it is erroring on, "E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.d2v", but the only files in that folder are getinfo.avs, job1.avs, VOBgetinfo.cmd, and vobinfo.txt.

    The getinfo.avs file looks like:
    Code:
    LoadPlugin("E:\Apps & Software\Media\RipBot\RipBot264v1.14.6\Tools\dgindex\DGDecode.dll")
    MPEG2Source("E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.d2v")
    WriteFile("E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","Framecount")
    WriteFile("E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","Framerate")
    WriteFile("E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","AudioRate")
    WriteFile("E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","AudioChannels")
    WriteFile("E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","AudioLength")
    WriteFile("E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","Width")
    WriteFile("E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","Height ")
    Trim(0,-1)
    This is extremely strange, since it was working one morning, but had broken by the afternoon! =S
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Spain
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Charles314 View Post
    I looked at the temp folder when the error occurred, and it seems that there isn't a d2v file there at all. I think it's trying to open the preview d2v file (which is supposed to be created by DGIndex), but for some reason it's not being produced anymore. It looks like the DGDecode.dll plugin isn't loading?
    The error message you are getting comes from MPEG2Source, so DGDecode.dll must be OK to get that far.

    The problem is it can't find the d2v file.
    Have you accidentally moved or deleted the DGIndex.exe file, which is used to create the d2v?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Gavino View Post
    The error message you are getting comes from MPEG2Source, so DGDecode.dll must be OK to get that far.

    The problem is it can't find the d2v file.
    Have you accidentally moved or deleted the DGIndex.exe file, which is used to create the d2v?
    Thanks for your reply. I have definitely not moved DGIndex.exe. It is still in \RipBot264v1.14.6\Tools\dgindex\DGIndex.exe. In addition to this, I have tried re-extracting Ripbot from the compressed file, and tried other versions of Ripbot, so it shouldn't be a problem with the location of DGIndex.exe.

    I tried manually creating the d2v file, and this works fine (it also creates an ac3 and a m2v). But when I put these in the ripbot's temp folder it doesn't pick them up, and deletes them when it tries to load the new file.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Necro this thread, I had this problem and solved it by moving RipBot into a folder with no spaces in the path. A classic bug.
    Quote Quote  



Similar Threads