Hey,

I am trying to find out why when I bring in a video asset into Encore, why that asset losses about 10% of its chroma/saturation in the picture. Let me explain, I have rendered out a file from our editing system VT5 as an .avi uncompressed 422 file (SD 4:3 720X486 29.97). I then brought it into TMPGEnc (Tsunami MPG Encoder) and encoded the .avi uncompressed 422 file out in the setting DVD MPEG best settings. I adjusted the encoder to out put the .avi file as a .mpg file and it helped had the same aspects (chroma/saturation) as the .avi file. This is where I get lost I bring it into Encore CS5 and it does not need to be transcoded because it is a native file. I set the menu up in Encore so that it can play as a DVD and Build it out. The DVD, when played on any of the TV monitors, has lost 10% of its Chroma/saturation. I checked, thinking it was the TV monitors that were cutting down on the quality. But not so because the .avi or the .mpg file originals have not lost the same amount of Chroma/Saturation on the TV monitors, because I the TV hooked up to the TV monitor. Is there a setting in Adobe encore CS5, or any version that prevents this from happening. Either it be a setting I can change in Encore before I build, or is this just what happens to videos when put out onto a DVD using Encore. Any advise or suggestions would be great.

Sincerely,
Confused