VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I have two computers with identical hardware and mostly identical software. IE8 will work on one and freezes up on the other. IE7 gives a script error everytime I log into Comcast email on the computer that freezes with IE8 (I am not trying to run IE7 and IE8 at the same time).

I have exhausted the Microsoft support and knowledge base for fixes on either or both with no luck. I installed the Windows Live Fix it program and it finds no errors. I have run virus scans with Norton and Avanquest and Malwarebytes and all come back with no problems.

I’m really frustrated, am open to any suggestions.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Forgot to mention everything works great on Firefox but my partner who uses troubled machine prefers IE.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Try CCleaner to clean out the junk and fix the registry, if that doesn't help try uninstalling and reinstalling.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Forgot to mention everything works great on Firefox but my partner who uses troubled machine prefers IE.
    Try Avant. Same rendering as IE, but without being crappy IE.
    http://www.avantbrowser.com/
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    1: Open IE8 , stop page loading, then Tools > Internet Options > Advanced tab > click Reset .... close and reopen when done
    2: In IE8 > Tools > Internet Options > Programs (Tab) > click on 'Manage Add-ons' > disable all add-ons except for those in the Microsoft Publisher list.
    3: Change desktop appearance to default theme ... link for xp ... modified themes can trigger problems such as these.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the suggestions. None of the above worked. I did find a work around for IE7 which involved a comcast problem, by changing to Zimbra Lite for email, the scripting error disappears. Still annoying that one machine works fine, the other doesn't. Oh well.
    Quote Quote