VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i am sorry if this has been asked before but i could not find the answer to my question anywhere. How do i edit the menu connections on an existing dvd, for example on said dvd all of the episode links link to the wrong episode menu.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
  3. You use PGCEdit for the job. Fixing your problem can be easy or it can be hard, depending on how the menu commands are laid out and how much you know. You turn on the Trace and trace to the main menu and to the various episodes menus. Once you pinpoint the command that leads to the wrong episode menu, then it should be fairly easy to fix it so it goes to the right episode menu.

I take it you didn't buy this thing, because it's probably right in the retail version.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by manono View Post
    You use PGCEdit for the job. Fixing your problem can be easy or it can be hard, depending on how the menu commands are laid out and how much you know. You turn on the Trace and trace to the main menu and to the various episodes menus. Once you pinpoint the command that leads to the wrong episode menu, then it should be fairly easy to fix it so it goes to the right episode menu.

I take it you didn't buy this thing, because it's probably right in the retail version.
    there is NO retail version of this particular show
    Quote Quote  
  5. Oh, so the guy that made it didn't know what he was doing, eh? It's probably a simple layout and should be easy to fix.

Once you find the command that goes to the wrong menu, double-click on it and then hit 'Alphabetically' in the new PGCEdit Command Editor screen. You'll want to hit the same kind of command as the wrong one and just change a wrong number to the right number (or PGC, I expect). OK back to the main screen and save your work. If something messes up, just reload the IFOs which are saved automatically (File->Backups->Restore Backup), and start over. Test everything before burning to disc.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by manono View Post
    You use PGCEdit for the job. Fixing your problem can be easy or it can be hard, depending on how the menu commands are laid out and how much you know. You turn on the Trace and trace to the main menu and to the various episodes menus. Once you pinpoint the command that leads to the wrong episode menu, then it should be fairly easy to fix it so it goes to the right episode menu.

how do i pinpint the commanD? also i9 cannot save any change i make
    Last edited by animalia; 8th Jun 2010 at 22:37.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Copy your DVD files to HDD first before opening with PGCEdit. Of course you can't save anything on an existing disc.
    Quote Quote  
  8. There are two ways to change the authoring when the chapters are not called correctly: change the navigation commands to fix the jumps, or change the chapters themselves.

To change the navigation, follow the advice given by manono, and use the trace mode to figure out how the navigation works. Then, edit the commands.
    If you are lucky, the chapter buttons contain "JumpVTS_PTT" commands. PTT means Part of Title, aka Chapter. So, you just have to modify the PTT number in the command.
    Often, the menu buttons contain just "LinkTailPGC". In that case, see the post commands of the same PGC. You might find there the JumpVTS_PTT commands to modify.
    Usually, when the movie is not in the same VTS than the menu, another method is used. The chapter button contains something like "Set GPRM X = N; LinkPGCN PGC Y". It it's the case, you can try to change the value N, that is probably used to identify the chapter number.
    Finally, see also the pre-command of the movie PGC. If you can see a list of commands such as "if GPRN X == N Then LinkPTT Y", then change the Y values to point to the right chapter.

The second method might be easier to do, if, for example, all chapter points are out by 1. Say the chapter button 2 jumps to the real chapter 3 instead of chapter 2. That means that there is an additional chapter in the title that is not needed. (The real chapter 1 is divided in two chapters). In that case, double-click on the Title PGC to open the PGC Editor. Examine the PG (Program) and PTT (Chapter) numbers in the cells list (in the lower half of the window), and verify if they are correctly assigned with the preview. Click on the PG button to toggle the PG and PTT numbers on or off. Finally, when all PGs are assigned correctly, modify the chapter table to remove or add chapters as needed. There must be one PTT per PG.

If a chapter is totally missing (two chapters are included in the same cell), you will have to split the cell with VobBlanker, but that's another story.
    r0lZ - PgcEdit homepage Hosted by VideoHelp (Thanks Baldrick)
    - BD3D2MK3D A tool to convert 3D BD to 3D SBS/T&B/FS MKV
    Quote Quote