VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

I have ScreenCamera (from PCWinSoft) installed on all 3 of my XP MCE2005 PC's, one has SP2, the others SP3. The older version of ScreenCamera worked fine, but yesterday, I again took advantage of "Giveaway of the Day's" offering for the new ScreenCamera 2.1 (one installed, can't go back to the older version).

Now when I try to record the screen, I get the "mirrors in the barbershop effect", like the image keeps feeding into itself, like if you aim a video camera at a TV. I made sure I have directx9 as their website states. I also tried disabling hardware acceleration, that didn't help. I tried re-downloading the application and reinstalling, no dice there. I tried checking and unchecking the "capture transparent windows" option, same both ways, I think this helped in the old version for recording the desktop. But now, no matter what I try to record, whether desktop of a streaming video, it's all nested feedback. Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance!

PS I just tried re-installing my Logitech webcam and software to see if that helps, but nope, the webcam image as part of the desktop image, is included in the feedback.
    Last edited by dannywho; 6th Jun 2010 at 13:23. Reason: additional info (PS)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sounds like you have desktop recording open while you have the program open, so you are recording yourself recording yourself recording yourself etc. Change the source from desktop to webcam and the problem will go away.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by guns1inger View Post
    Sounds like you have desktop recording open while you have the program open, so you are recording yourself recording yourself recording yourself etc. Change the source from desktop to webcam and the problem will go away.
    The ScreenCamera application allows you to record the desktop only, the webcam only, or both at the same time. The feedback happens no matter which option I choose. The old version of ScreenCamera didn't feedback, and I could record whatever was on the desktop, be it recording the steps to do something with the PC, or recording some streaming video. Something changed when I installed the new version of ScreenCamera. Must have tweaked some setting with the new installation. What's strange is that more than 80 people commented on the ScreenCamera giveaway yesterday, all with various installations of Windows, and some with installation problems, but none stating the feedback problem. And I have this problem on all 3 of my PC's that I installed the new ScreenCamera on.

It was doing this recording the desktop before I hooked the webcam up. I thought maybe having the webcam option in there would straighten things out, but no. And, no, I wasn't pointing the webcam at the monitor or anything like that.
    Quote Quote