VideoHelp Forum

Poll: Where do you take your work vacation?

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I stay stay at home.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  2. For Yank, Vacation days are so few. I packed suitcases before I use them.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I don't work. Well, I used to, but thirty-five years were enough. Keep saving, young'uns, it really pays off.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Happily retired. Every day is a vacation.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If traveling on business, I sometimes take vacation days at end to delay return. Otherwise there is much forward planning to stake out vacation days and secure reservations.

For something like Memorial Day (tomorrow here in USA) I avoid crowds. That is unless Fry's has a great 1 day deal!
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by redwudz View Post
    Happily retired. Every day is a vacation.

That say's it all for me as well.

Of course , living on 1% interest wasn't something I really planned on.
    Ah, what ever happened to the good old days of 3 and 4% interest.
    Back than every day was a vacation, but every day was also a party.

Tony
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Welps for my vacations every year I used to travel to San Francisco & "Loss Wages" (Las Vegas). But now state of Hawaii government workers have a work furlough every month = 8% cut in pay so I can't afford to travel anymore. It's the sign of the times but at least I still have a job. In fact most state wrks now enjoy the furlough Fridays that we have twice a month.
    Wish I was retired like "redwudz"!

So now my vacations are far and few in between. I take a few days off here and there to fix/build computers.
    In fact most state wrks now enjoy the furlough Fridays that we have twice a month.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I live in a growing city/small town (Iowa) so I like to do the casual camping trips along with fishing and making smores at the camp fire within the state. As for traveling out of state, my family and I like to go to amusement parks when we get the money saved up for it.

I live in Council Bluffs, Iowa which is a progressing part of Iowa right next to Omaha, Nebraska (I'm within walking distance of that shootout hell hole..) so it's not all cornfields and barns over here as much as it used to be but its always good to get out of town into the less progressed parts of Iowa for nice peaceful camping

Good topic for a thread, gets me excited for my camping trip that's coming up here real soon.
    Quote Quote  
  9. stay home

with 2 kids under 3 and my wife cant take more than 2 weeks a year,shitty economy,,,,
    maybe after the kids hit 5 I will start to think about it

budz

you live in freak'n Hawaii you dont need a vacation .every day is a vacation for you.lol
    Quote Quote  
  10. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I like to travel internationally. Mostly because I like to but also in some small part because I work in IT, so leaving the country means that my office leaves me alone for the entire time of my trip. I've never been contacted a single time for a work related problem while out of the country but I have been contacted about problems while within the USA but in another city on a business trip.
    Quote Quote