VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, this may sound stupid, but I was just wondering if there is a way to limit the capacity of a 32GB SDHC card to 25GB.? This is just a precautionary measure I would like to take, to ensure easy backing up AVCHD movies directly to Blu-Ray Disc. I currently use 4GB and 8GB and burn to DVD-R or DVD+DL. I'm planning to move to Blu-Ray but wanted to make sure this is possible before I invest on the card and the burner. I use Windows XP Pro and in the format window there is a drop down box that says "Capacity" but there are no other options except for the maximum amount, and no place to specify a custom amount. Any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    not that i've ever run across. but you could put a 7GB file on the card to limit the free space.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    That seems to be the easiest and best way to do it. If you're going to limit the capacity, you may as well be in full control of it.

Even if you don't have a single 7 Gig file, you could always create a folder and put several files in it until it meets your 7 Gig padding.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks.. I never thought of doing that. I guess that should work just fine for want to do.
    Quote Quote