VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    1. Well i have cds of software for hardware components i use that are only bootle from disk . SO i was wondering if there was any way to combine all the software disks and create 1 big boot disc so i dont i have to keep multiple discs laying around. The discs are mostly to hard drives and some video card discs that are old and kinda scratchy and i dont want them to to play out....

2nd
    Well i have 2 main hard drives an old 60gb ide hard drive and a 1tb hard drive that new.Well my problem is i have one ide port on my motherboard and when i try to install my OS to it it never works i tried literally 100 times this month alone ..

1st method was to hook my ide dvd/cd burner(master) and then my 60gbharddrive(slave )
    but all i get after windows retarts is (disk read error) on reboot.Same thing happens when i try to install using my sata dvd burner

Evrey thing works well when i install windows on my sata 1tb hard drive.The only problem is my sata hard drive crashes every once in while making me have to reinstall my os all over again .my 60gb hard dive works fine I use it as a backup since i cant use it as a main...but for some weird reason my PC wont let let me install windows on the 60 gb ...one..if any one has any ideas on how to solve this i would be very appreciative..

thank you for your time ...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    1) no. if they won't boot from the hard drive you can't combine them either.

2) fill in your profile's computer specs. but it may be time to build a new one if the sata ports are fried.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You could always rip the discs to iso (imgburn), then mount the isos, when needed, to Daemon Tools.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    forgot to mention also you can just make backup copies....
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  5. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    dnmnbg, in the future please use more descriptive titles for your posts. I will change yours this time.

Moderator redwudz
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    1: Download hard drive diagnostic utilities from the hard drive manufacturer ... even thou files can be stored to the drive when in the os the files are not safe while the error exists... should the manufacturers utility report issues you should replace the drive asap.

Note: Check data cable ... they can become intermittent and trigger such errors.

2: While FIXMBR was applied did you also run FIXBOOT.

3: Also use manufacturers utility on your sata

4: If sata checks fine you should run a diagnostics on the system memory

----

As for combining all those utilities into a single disc try Autorun Pro , at the bottom of the page is the programs download link ... Simple to use ... You may need to keep their directory structures in tact in order for them to function properly.

If the utilities are more related to "bootable" diagnostics, ect, you would need to look at ultimatebootcd ... a bit of learning may be required to include the utilities you have.
    Last edited by Bjs; 29th May 2010 at 21:26.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    well its more of 60gb harddrive i m having trouble with installing my Operation system on sorry if i wasnt clear . just know matter what i do i cant seem to get the OS on it. but i will look into the advice you guys gave

ote: Check data cable ... they can become intermittent and trigger such errors.

2: While FIXMBR was applied did you also run FIXBOOT.
    no clue how to check fixmbr or fixboot

As for pc spec

my motherboard=http://www.biostar-usa.com/app/en-us/mb/introduction.php?S_ID=466
    cpu=Intel Core i5 Processor 3.29gh
    Memory=G.SKILL 4GB
    60gb western-digital hard drive 8years old still works fine
    1tb western-digital sata
    320gb western digital ide
    1tb external hadrdrive WD
    HP dvd/burner-old ide dvd burner
    Sony dvd/cd burner sata
    graphic card=EVGa526mb 8400
    Quote Quote