VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi! all. i have some mkv files with ACC audio codec which i need to convert to AC3 audio for the ps3 to play. any way to convert the audio only without touching the video for fear of degrading the quality of the video. i tried tsmuxer but after converting i can only view the video without the audio. appreciate fellow forumers help.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Xvid4PSP. Choose MKV for the output, set the video to Copy, and then configure the audio for AC3 at whatever settings suit. I am pretty sure the PS3 can play AAC, although it will have to convert it to PCM on the fly for you to hear it.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by guns1inger View Post
    Xvid4PSP. Choose MKV for the output, set the video to Copy, and then configure the audio for AC3 at whatever settings suit. I am pretty sure the PS3 can play AAC, although it will have to convert it to PCM on the fly for you to hear it.

Hei! Thx. it works like a charm. but i notice that the subtitles that were originally in the mkv are missing from the converted files. any idea why& how to fix this?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Extract the subs from the mkv with mkvextragui2. Add the subtitle in tsmuxer together with the mkv. Make an avchd/blu-ray.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Extract the subs from the mkv with mkvextragui2. Add the subtitle in tsmuxer together with the mkv. Make an avchd/blu-ray.
    can provide link for mkvextragui2? how to extract the sub from mkvextragui2.
    Quote Quote