VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I had winXP a while ago and I used Pinnacle 10 and the dazzle dvc 100 usb device to transfer the analog movies from my HI8 camcorder into the computer using Pinnacle 10 software. I now have Win 7 on my computer. Problem is pinnacle 10 is incompatible and wont install on a win7 system. Also almost every other software Ive heard about Magix, Ulead, Sony vegas use firewire to capture video from a camcorder and I just have USB ports on my computer
    Also I dont know if Dazzzle dvc 100 device will work with windows 7 or any of the above named softwares.

Anyone know what I need to be able to capture video from my HI8 camcorder to my computer
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You might try the Vista driver for the device as it has reported to be working with W7: http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSite/us/Products/Consumer+Products/Home+Video/Studio+...ents&Display=1

Not sure about compatible software, but if you get a working driver installed, you may be able to try some W7 compatible capture programs.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I used to play an anologue camcorder (also Hi8) into a domestic HDD/DVD Video recorder and then copy the files from the DVD into the computer. Then use converter software to make a file suitable for the editor. Tiresome but effective.
    ... cheers Mike
    Quote Quote  
  4. About three years ago, I used a DIGITECH USB Video & Audio GRABBER about $50 to buy from Jaycar in Caringbah Sydney. It plugs into the video camera and the other end uses the USB port in the computer. You use 'record' and it records in the format you choose. I then used Movie Maker 2.6 (as this is the easiest) to edit a movie for my daughters 21st. I want to do it again for my son but the video camera doesn't work anymore! Good luck!
    Quote Quote