VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just what the title says. I have a Blu Ray that has PCM 5.1 @4608kbps audio. I want to convert this to 1536kbps DTS 5.1. I thought I had it all figured out except that when eac3to splits a 5.1 audio track into 6 wavs, it's automatically resampling them to 768kbps! That defeats the whole purpose, this movie already has an ac3 track I could use. But I figured the extra quality from the PCM track would be nice if I can convert it to DTS 5.1 without going under 1509/1536. Any help is much appreciated, thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by fluxcapacitormb View Post
    Just what the title says. I have a Blu Ray that has PCM 5.1 @4608kbps audio. I want to convert this to 1536kbps DTS 5.1. I thought I had it all figured out except that when eac3to splits a 5.1 audio track into 6 wavs, it's automatically resampling them to 768kbps! That defeats the whole purpose, this movie already has an ac3 track I could use. But I figured the extra quality from the PCM track would be nice if I can convert it to DTS 5.1 without going under 1509/1536. Any help is much appreciated, thanks.
    The mono wav conversion is lossless, because each channel is 768kb/s

768x6 = 4608

You need surcode dts to encode to dts in eac3to. There is no free way to encode to dts. Surcode only accepts mono wav input
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ohhhhh ok ok, that makes more sense then.

I actually have Surcode but eac3to still won't convert the pcm to dts. It says something like "that type of conversion not allowed" or something in big scary red fonts in the DOS box.
    Quote Quote  
  4. you need a specific version of surcode , I can't recall off hand which one

if you have the correct registered version, it comes with a gui that you can input the mono wavs into (so even if it doesn' t work in eac3to, you can still do it with the surcode gui)
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Try to check what Surcode wants as input. For example, for all I know eac3to may be giving you 24 bit WAV files and Surcode may only accept 16 bit WAV files as input. If you have Surcode you can use that directly and perhaps you'll get a helpful error message that may be getting lost in trying to use eac3to as a front end to it.
    Quote Quote