VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I was wondering what was the best bluray to avi/xvid converter (that works), i prefer my files as avi so i can watch them from my docking station, i have tried handbrake 0.9.3 but the output had audio problems (think it was the program) and the newer version doesn't have the avi capability.

Any help here would be appreciated, if there isn't any decent ones i will continue to use makemkv for the time being but whenever i use that and forward the film i get green squares when i play the file they are not there all the time but it is annoying.

Thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
  2. I take it no-one has an answer then.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I can't see why you would want to go down the AVI route, as the compression available is far lower than the source, you get either bigger files with the same quality, or much lower quality.

You haven't posted your computer specs or what software player you use, so we can't try to solve your playback issues either.

However if you must convert, you could look at Xvid4PSP as one possible option.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by guns1inger View Post
    I can't see why you would want to go down the AVI route, as the compression available is far lower than the source, you get either bigger files with the same quality, or much lower quality.

You haven't posted your computer specs or what software player you use, so we can't try to solve your playback issues either.

However if you must convert, you could look at Xvid4PSP as one possible option.

I think i explained why avi pretty well in my first post, and i dont really have playback problems its just something that bugs me if i forward or rewind and i think its more a make mvk provblem than my pc cause everything else works fine
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You could also try repackaging the files. Again, Xvid4PSP can do this. Just choose MKV as the output container and Copy for both video and audio.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote