VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I will admit I know absolutely nothing about editing video so any help would be wonderful! I work in research and use a microscope to take "live videos" of yeast cells. I can export in .AVI or Quicktime. I would like to literally crop a small box in the center of the video for every frame. Basically, I only want one small area as my video, not everything else around it. Is this possible and if so, which program do I need to do this? Thanks for all the help since I am lost here!
    Quote Quote  
  2. avidemux and virtualdub both have crop filters . virtualdub works best with AVI container, but avidemux can handle many formats. If you get stuck , just ask, but they are pretty simple to use
    Quote Quote  
  3. OKAY I downloaded avidemux, and i need to do something similar to what the OP needed to do, i need to crop it so that only one part of the frame is there in the video... soooo how the heck do i do this?! i can't find 'crop' in the filter list anywhere!!!
    Quote Quote  
  4. In the Transform filters:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	crop.png
Views:	407
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	7360
    Quote Quote  
  5. thank you i actually just figured that out but now that im trying to save the video it's not coming up as any option for me to save it as other than 'all files' :/ and so i saved it as that and now my laptop wont open it in windows media player o.O; ??any ideas what's going on/how to fix that?
    Quote Quote  
  6. AviDemux doesn't automatically add a file extension. You have to type it yourself. You can rename the file you've already created.
    Quote Quote  
  7. how do i do that? it's a drop down menu but the only option is ''all files*'' (not the name of the file i put that in myself but the file type which is liike i suppose with images would be JPEG etc..)

NEVER MIND I REREAD WHAT YOU SAID AND I GET IT HAHA sorry for being so dense ._.'' it's been like 8 years since i made a video and that was just with my webcam then the video editing thing my webcam had at the time O_o
    Last edited by nekoi; 14th Jun 2011 at 09:40.
    Quote Quote