VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    http://www.dailyfinance.com/story/hollywood-video-game-crazy-movie-gallery-store-chain...lose/19473286/

Last month it was Blockbuster Now it's Hollywood video

..........And in the end there shall be only one.

Tony
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This is the final act, as quite a few Hollywood Video stores were closed a couple of years ago (including the one near me, much to my surprise when I went to rent a movie ).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I picked up six blu-ray movies at Hollywood this morning...store is closing and selling off all inventory.
    TANSTAAFL
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    According to their website the two here are not redlined as of today and the movie gallery 20 miles away is not either. According to the article it won't be too long. We did have a crazy mikes video that closed several years ago, I picked up a couple of nice odd vhs tapes, and before that Video Update abruptly shuttered their store.
    Quote Quote  
  5. wierd movie galler here is staying open (in canada)
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    The BlockBuster about a mile form me is still going strong....

Which is a shame because they were a ripoff years ago with the $h!tt!est customer service i have ever seen!!!
    And i stopped going to them years ago before they really started ripping people off with their rental fee's!!

The only other place near me is a Family Video which blows away BlockBuster in rates and customer service.
    Quote Quote  
  7. The only brick and mortar video rental stores left will be "mom and pop" places, just like in the old days before all the franchises took over. However, most people will be getting their (legitimate) movie rentals from Netflix, zip (Canada), or VOD.

The Movie Galleries in our city are selling off their inventory. I picked up a bunch of games and BluRays. They tell me they stay open until all their inventory are sold off ... sad.
    Last edited by satviewer2000; 23rd Jun 2010 at 13:29.
    Quote Quote