VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Long Live The New Flesh Videodrome's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Just recently picked up a new laptop, and realized all of my old software is likely incompatible with its OS ( Windows 7 - 64 bit). I'm looking for a big all around comprehensive HD Ripping/Burning/Encoding Software Package that is compatible with Windows 7 (64 bit). Cursory searches yielded little. Any suggestions?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Videodrome View Post
    Just recently picked up a new laptop, and realized all of my old software is likely incompatible with its OS ( Windows 7 - 64 bit).
    Win7 64-bit should also run most 32-bit applications as well. Everything I used to use on XP 32-bit works on my new Win 7 64-bit system.

Might try the programs you had before and see if they'll work(?).
    Quote Quote  
  3. Long Live The New Flesh Videodrome's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Just recently picked up a new laptop, and realized all of my old software is likely incompatible with its OS ( Windows 7 - 64 bit).
    Win7 64-bit should also run most 32-bit applications as well. Everything I used to use on XP 32-bit works on my new Win 7 64-bit system.

Might try the programs you had before and see if they'll work(?).
    The other thing is that I was primarily working with smaller format compression and encoding before (XviD, divX etc) whereas now I'm trying to get into HD resolution encoding, so a newer software package would be preferred anyway. Before I was using DvDFab and DivX Author, neither of which supported high resolutions or lossless compression types (well Fab didn't really have a say in that it was DivX Author that couldn't handle encoding HD). Know of any comprehensive all-in-one HD ripping/authoring software (that would work in windows 7)?
    Last edited by Videodrome; 10th May 2010 at 17:16.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The other thing is that I was primarily working with smaller format compression and encoding before (XviD, divX etc) whereas now I'm trying to get into HD resolution encoding,
    Ahh, didn't quite catch that.

Know of any comprehensive all-in-one HD ripping/authoring software (that would work in windows 7)?
    Nope, sorry, I don't do any HD-related stuff.

You should be able to see some tools that so that sort of thing by looking in the "Tools" section in the menu to the left. There's filtering/searching capability there, so you can narrow down the choices to Blu-Ray, etc.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Dvdfab to rip and multiavchd to author and encode to hd.Imgburn to burn with.Handbrake and megui for encoding hd.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote