VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello everyone

i need some help and advice.i am wanting to copy some dvds,and am unsure as to the best route to take.
    I have a LG RH277 hdd/dvd recorder.ideally i would like to record from the dvd straight to the harddrive and then make a copy. i am unable to do this due to the copyright issue on the discs.is there a code i can put into the machine to let me copy the dvds? these are for personal use,just have some rare stuff that i want to copy and keep the original in good condition.
    I also have an acer aspire 5315 laptop,but it only has windows vista basic and am currently unable to rip dvds,only cds.
    is there anything i can download onto the laptop?
    apologies for the long message!!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I changed your thread title. Please don't just use help me.

No you can't copy commercial dvds using your dvd recorder.

Does you aspire has a dvd reader? If not then nope.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    DVD recorders were designed to stop exactly what you propose - the copying of DVDs. So that approach will never work. Hollywood thought of that trick long before you ever did and make all the manufacturers of DVD recorders prevent it.

Assuming you have a PC of some kind with a DVD burner, you can rip DVDs to your hard drive and then re-burn them if you wish. We have links to many guides on how to do this. Here is one of them:
    http://www.my-guides.net/en/content/view/118/26/
    Quote Quote