VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I'm just wondering about what you guys are using for your file and software setup etc on your HTPC's. I never really researched it too much just knew what i wanted and went for it. Theres loads of threads about hardware but maybe one about the software and how we use it could be interesting....

I'm pretty basic i use MakeMKV to pull the files off my BD's (or DVD's), i dont compress them, I then organise these into folders and have MyMovies assosciate all the xml files with them and bring up all the movie info.

This then intergrates with WMC that reads the XML's for the MKV's and i have all the info inside WMC for me. Giving me the sort of view on my HD TV that i've screenshotted here:Click image for larger version

Name:	mpcscs.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	344.3 KB
ID:	1750

I'm basically asking as maybe someone has a different way of doing it that i may prefer, and am really unaware of other ways of going about it. I've only just started putting my collection on my computer and if i ffind a nicer way of doing it then i'd like to find it before i've done loads of films this way.

So anyone do it any other way ?....
    Last edited by fitch.j; 6th May 2010 at 12:31.
    Quote Quote