VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I have tested out the Hauppauge HD-PVR, and it works well with HD component input for capturing HD.

I was wondering if the Blackmagic Intensity Pro captures HD through the component inputs. The info that I've seen online is kind of vague on this subject. Even on the Blackmagic site, it says that it "switches" between HD and SD on the HDMI and Component lines.
    Last edited by Supreme2k; 5th May 2010 at 12:00. Reason: solved
    Quote Quote  
  2. Yes, the Intensity Pro can capture HD component video. As long as the CGMS-A flag isn't set to "don't copy" -- unlike the Hauppauge HD PVR which ignores the flag.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CGMS-A
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I've read that the flag is only available through HDMI. Isn't it basically an "analog hole" when using component?
    Quote Quote  
  4. The "A" in CGSM-A stands for analog. It's flagged in the Line 20/21 data along with closed caption text, etc. For example, D-VHS players will assert the do-not-copy CGSM-A flag when playing back sources that were originally marked copy-once. The HD PVR ignores this flag. The BMIP doesn't.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks. I'll still check it out if I have the time, but it looks like I'll go with the Hauppauge.
    Quote Quote