VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Is it possible to make the audio repeat throughout the video, in MP4 or MKV? I don't mean editting and expanding the audio manually to the video's length and encoding, I'm talking about making an already-encoded 6 minute audio track repeat forever throughout the 90 minute video.

'This possible?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It's possible.
    With mkvmerge you could 'add' the soundtrack then 'append' it fourteen times.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Nonono, I don't wanna add additional tracks, I want the same track to repeat. The goal here is economic storage of the audio.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You talking about looping the audio to where it would play continuously throughout the video (non-stop)? If so, you may want to check out some DJ programs.
    It Started In Texas
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by V Bot
    You talking about looping the audio to where it would play continuously throughout the video (non-stop)?
    Correct.

Originally Posted by V Bot
    If so, you may want to check out some DJ programs.
    ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you want to add this track to your mkv file, I would suggest loading the 6 minute audio track into Audacity, copy it and paste it repeatedly until you have the required running time, save the new file, then use mkvmerge to add it to your mkv video.

Ig you just want the audio to play back independently of the video in a live function then google for VJ software, which will let you live mix audio and video, and will allow you to what you want.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Are you ******* blind?
    Originally Posted by Xpenguin17
    I don't mean editting and expanding the audio manually to the video's length and encoding, I'm talking about making an already-encoded 6 minute audio track repeat forever throughout the 90 minute video.
    Originally Posted by Xpenguin17
    The goal here is economic storage of the audio
    **** it, it's not possible and I knew it way before I posted this thread. I really don't know why the hell I keep asking about the obvious...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It is an unusual request, and not standard video situation. Therefore it would require a unique or custom solution. I can't see a lot of call for long videos with very short, repeating audio tracks.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Probably not possible - all containers that You mentioned are for transmitting sequentially audio and video data - looping should be made at the device level
    Quote Quote  
  10. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by guns1inger
    It is an unusual request, and not standard video situation. Therefore it would require a unique or custom solution. I can't see a lot of call for long videos with very short, repeating audio tracks.
    Exactly.

I'm trying to fit a 720p movie into 700 megs, which so far is high quality if all the bitrate is allocated to the video, and since most of the audio is sparse commentary and a repeating music track, I wondered if this could've been economically encoded. Oh well.
    Quote Quote