VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi everyone I've been looking all day to convert a video in .PS, it came from a surveillance camera system and I want to convert it to AVI, MPEG, MOV or some player to be able to watch the video, is very important to me to see this video, I hope some good news, thanks in advice
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Run the video file through MediaInfo, in Tree View, and copy/paste the resulting information you're given about the video, here.

However, most security systems encode their videos using proprietary formats, so chances are, your video won't be in a format with which you can easily do anything, much less watch it.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  3. It only displays me

General
    Complete name: video.ps
    File size: 1.41 MB

Maybe the file is corrupted or something like that? I think when the CCTV system exported the file didn't export the file right because i've with everything and I dont know how to fix it or play it. Thanks any advice would be welcome
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It's possible. However, it's more likely the video is a 'special' format that requires certain tools/viewers that only the company that manufactures the security system can provide. (I couldn't say for sure, but I think they do it so that footage from security cameras can't be easily manipulated or altered.)

You might search that company's website, and see if they provide any sort of player software that'll allow you to view the video, or tools to convert it. Sending them an email asking about it is probably also a good idea.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote