VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. My LG RH2T80 won't recognise DVD's anymore. Think I somehow altered some settings when I was trying to view home made DVD's.

Now it won't recognise any!

Anyone help?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sounds like the laser may need to be cleaned.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    FWIW, here is a service manual:

http://www.jordansmanuals.com/Default.aspx?Brand=LG&Product=DVD-VCR&Model=RH2T80

Some DVD writers have an IDE interface that is identical with a PC type. I have successfully installed LG IDE DVD drives in such cases.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Solution: DVB-T RH2T80 will not read dvd because of a errant signal from a handheld video camera (HHVC) that was incorrectly disconnected from the dvd unit. Do the following methodically: reconnect HHVC to AC power then connect the video transfer cable...then power up the HHVC and play a disc . Now , at any point, methodically stop the disc,powerdown the HHVC and remove the video cable. This is how I regained control of the dvd player after a week of no access. In addition I immediately managed to recreate the conditions that produced the message "unrecognized disc". I then repeated the above process to regain control once again of the dvd player function. There is no reason to bin the recorder or replace the dvd unit. So invest a few minutes and save yourselves the dollars.
    Quote Quote