VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    AMD Propus 630 Quad CPU...this thing sure does overclock well and the cpu temps don't get very high even when using BD Rebuilder.
    Using some Mushkin DDR3-1600 Ram along with a Gigabyte UD3 mobo. I'm very impressed with this AMD 630 Propus Quad cpu.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	AMD_QUAD_BDREBUILDER_TEMPS.png
Views:	541
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	1543  

Click image for larger version

Name:	AMD_QUAD_CPUID.png
Views:	938
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	1544  

Name:	AMD_QUAD_CPUID_RAM.png
Views:	1191
Size:	9.7 KB
ID:	1545  

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    mosfet heatsinks?

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	848
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	1665  

Name:	1Gigabyte_ud3_mobo_pic.png
Views:	714
Size:	432.0 KB
ID:	1666  

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    zipties on cm hyper 212plus

Name:	CMHYPER_212_PLUS_ZIPTIES.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	160.1 KB
ID:	1755  

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I could most likely go more but I'm a noob and I feel pretty comfortable right here Thumbs up to budz for the OC on his. Very good CPU and very good RAM.

Name:	gdsfher.PNG
Views:	406
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	1772

Name:	vnfdr.PNG
Views:	400
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	1773
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ^^^Tighten your timings to 8 8 8 24.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM

Name:	hgdryh.PNG
Views:	1016
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	1781Click image for larger version

Name:	dfgds.PNG
Views:	1382
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	1782

Running Prime now but I'm getting sleepy so I'll post back tomorrow and see how much more I'll take it. Sending me your volts and everything helped budz, thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I forgot that I said I was going to post back

Well, here it is

Name:	test2.PNG
Views:	408
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	1864

Name:	test1.PNG
Views:	393
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	1865

Got some high temps on the mobo so I'm putting another fan in now and I'm going to see how that does.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ^^^Temps look ok to me. How long are you running Prime95? I ran mine for over 4 hours.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by budz View Post
    ^^^Temps look ok to me. How long are you running Prime95? I ran mine for over 4 hours.
    I only ran it for 3 hours but it seems to be pretty stable while I game and everything so I hope its all good. I may run it even longer soon just to be sure but I think its perfect
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Have you looked into getting mosfet heatsinks? I think it could help a bit, I notice that that is the warmest part of my computer. That and the power supply gets a bit warm and blows down on them, that will be fixed when I get my new case with the bottom mount though.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by HotDamn! View Post
    Have you looked into getting mosfet heatsinks? I think it could help a bit, I notice that that is the warmest part of my computer. That and the power supply gets a bit warm and blows down on them, that will be fixed when I get my new case with the bottom mount though.
    Yup, I just got the Enzotech heatsinks last week Friday. I ordered it from sidewinderscomputer.com.
    http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/enmofocomohe.html

I think your mobo can use this one:
    http://www.frozencpu.com/products/7598/vid-111/Enzotech_MST-81_Forged_Copper_Mosfet_He..._Gigabyte.html

Newegg sells that model too.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835708015&cm_re=enzotech_heatsin...-015-_-Product

I decided not to buy that one piece type heatsink because I couldn't get confirmation from Enzotech that it would fit my Gigabyte GA-770TA-UD3 mobo. If you look at the link it does say compatible with Gigabyte GA-MA790FX-DS5 & GA-MA790FX-DQ6 mobo's. Enzotech never did respond to my emails so I decided to just buy the smaller heatsinks instead of the one piece type. Also gotta make sure if you're using a second fan on your CM Hyper 212 Plus cpu cooler the height it may interfere one piece type enzotech heatsink.

Hopefully I'll have time to install the enzotech heatsinks this weekend or may have to wait till memorial day weekend. Tater Tot at overclock.net told me to use 91% alcohol on the mosfets before applying the heatsinks. He was the one who told me wally worlds sold 91% alcohol.
    When I'm done installing the heatsinks I'll post a picture in this thread!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Looks good! Thanks for the link, bookmarked.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I finished with installing the enzotech heatsinks on the mobo mosfets. A bit difficult with the thermal tape cause it's so tiny.
    But it's all done so now gonna have to install it back into my CM Elite 310 case.

Name:	5enzotech_heatsinks.gif
Views:	602
Size:	329.6 KB
ID:	2027  

Name:	6enzotech_heatsinks.jpg
Views:	491
Size:	112.0 KB
ID:	2028  

Name:	7enzotech_heatsinks.jpg
Views:	490
Size:	127.6 KB
ID:	2029  

Quote Quote  
  14. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    It would be nice to be able to something with that NB cooler. I pried the cover plate off one of mine, but messed up the thermal compound in the process and had to redo it. The NB chip underneath is tiny and the middle of the cooler balances on it. If you rock it around a few times by accident, the compound loses some contact. I stuck a 80mm fan over one of mine and that helped a bit with temps. It's just a poor design for a HS, IMO, and that cover plate doesn't help with cooling. (Must have been added by the advertising department.)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by redwudz View Post
    It would be nice to be able to something with that NB cooler. I pried the cover plate off one of mine, but messed up the thermal compound in the process and had to redo it. The NB chip underneath is tiny and the middle of the cooler balances on it. If you rock it around a few times by accident, the compound loses some contact. I stuck a 80mm fan over one of mine and that helped a bit with temps. It's just a poor design for a HS, IMO, and that cover plate doesn't help with cooling. (Must have been added by the advertising department.)
    I was touching that NB cover and it began to move a little. I'm wondering if now there's no contact as well. I may do the same as you and install a 80mm fan on there. I'm going to test the overclock speed of 3.5ghz again with OCCT & PRIME95.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I should have got a photo of that NB chip when I had the cooler off. If I remember, it was about 3/8" - 1/2" across. It's easy to remove the HS if needed. Just a couple of spring loaded posts to hold it in place.

The 80mm fan was in the HTPC. I set it on top of my video card and hot glued it to that. I had a tiny fan that I probably could attach, but the Gigabyte heatsink is a design that makes any fan almost impossible to attach directly.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I also put a fan on top of my graphics card for the NB. I didn't have to glue it down because the heatsink and fan size were perfect for each other fits nice and snug.

Name:	NB Fan 2.PNG
Views:	485
Size:	1.18 MB
ID:	2064
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If I were to install the mosfet heatsink for mine what would be the process? Or what all did you have to do?

My guess: clean the mosfet chips, apply tape, and then apply the heatsink?? That simple I hope
    Quote Quote  
  19. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    My guess would be to scrub down the MOSFET (Metal Oxide Semiconductor Field Effect Transistor) with 99% isopropyl alcohol with a dampened Q-tip till they are clean, then stick on the HS's after they're dry. You should be able to tell when they are clean enough. If you can find a single piece MOSFET cooler that fits, it might be a bit easier.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by redwudz View Post
    My guess would be to scrub down the MOSFET (Metal Oxide Semiconductor Field Effect Transistor) with 99% isopropyl alcohol with a dampened Q-tip till they are clean, then stick on the HS's after they're dry. You should be able to tell when they are clean enough. If you can find a single piece MOSFET cooler that fits, it might be a bit easier.
    Ok, thanks. Budz sent me a couple of links for a single piece

I'll be ordering another GPU from Newegg soon so I'll probably get that along with it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I just used 91% rubbing alcohol from wally worlds and a qtip. It dries very fast but the difficulty is the applying the thermal tape to the mosfet because it's so tiny. You could use the single piece enzotech heatsink but remember if you add a 2nd 120mm fan to your CM Hyper 212 cpu cooler it may interfere because of height restriction. I'm very satisfied with the enzotech heatsinks that I used. If enzotech had replied to my emails then I would have gone with the one piece heatsink too. But they never did so I took the safest bet and ordered the 10 pack of copper heatsinks. Sidewinders computers got it to me in 2 days via USPS priority shipping!
    Quote Quote