VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I gave my Voodoo 3 3500 TV to my brother when I upgraded to my Matrox Marvel G400-TV. Today he asked me why the sound doesn't come back out to tape and TV when he tries to export back to tape. Only video shows up, but not any audio. The cables are all connected exactly how they should be, and we're trying to export to tape with Windows Media Player 6.4, since the Voodoo doesn't really come with outputting software or anything. Has anyone figured this out, or what? If my computer wasn't down, we would try it at my computer with the Marvel G400, which has worked for me in the past. I hope someone replies with a solution this time!
    irc.webmaster.com port 6667 #DDR
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    I guess no one knows! DOH!
    Quote Quote  
  3. It should be enough to connect your line out of your audio to the audio-in of your VHS I would say.
    For video; composite/svhs out to VHS-same-in.
    Goodluck, Elco.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks for the reply. The Voodoo has Super Video out and Composite out. The GO VIDEO DualDeck VCR has no Super Video input, so we're using the composite cables. The Voodoo's blue tentacle cable has output and capture. the capture video and audio works fine, but the output only sends a video signal, and we can't get audio from the computer out to the TV or VCR. We have special audio cables to plug in the small ends from soundcards/walkmans/discmans into Stereo A/V Cable ends. Those Stereo ends don't work either. So there has to be something in software that controls when and how the audio comes out from the computer for video exporting. The Line Out and normal speaker outs don't seem to work with those cables, either... so it could be transmitting it digitally,and the cables are made for analog transmission. Anything we try seems to have no effect.

Good thing this didn't happen to me while I was the main user of this voodoo card! I got my Matrox Marvel which works fine right now. But my brother still needs this one to be up and running. So... any more suggestions out there? Anyone still own one of these classic cards? Just how the heck can you export audio from your PC with these!?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Okay, right now I have this really annoying and wierd setup going on in order to get audio from the computer to the VCR/TV. I use the Composite Video Out on the blue tentacle, but I used the speaker out from soundcard for sounds. So now nothing comes out of the speakers, and they cannot be used. This has done the job temporarily, but if someone out there knows how to make the Voodoo 3 3500 work how it definitely should work, please don't hesitate to post your solution!
    Quote Quote