VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi All,

Hope am posting at the right forum and am posting right thigs. I searched this forum and did not find any eitquette thread that elucidates how to post, so please bear with any mistakes i would make and point me to right direction to post effectively.

Having said that, i am having one problem with my machine after i moved the machine to Windows 7 Ultimate Version.

Here is my problem:

I have some video files tht i captured using my Nokia N73 (taken at my friends birthday party) and downloaded from YouTube. These files were working like a charm when i had Windows XP Pro SP3. Now that i have moved to new Windows 7, when i tried to open those files, i am seeing StarWars movie chunks playing.. Very wierd, right?? i guess the video files got corrupted due to the OS migration....Can any kind soul here please help me in fixing this weird behaviour?? Any help is appreciated heavily!!

Also, same is case with my JPG files..."Photo viewer cant oen this file because the file is damaged or corrupt or too large" is the error message i get..

Please help me out guys..

P.S: I searched all over the internet and many forums, bnut i am not able to fix this problem!!

Cheers and waiting for your replies
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    How do you store the files? HDD or something else? Maybe the hdd is corrupt.
    Same playback in all players like Windows Media PLayer and vlc?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thnaks for the response Baldrick...All the players; i tried them on VLC, Windows Media player, KM PLayer, DIVX Player , MediaCoder.. everything.. and yes , it is in my Hard Disk.. i actually moved those files to external HDD (Maxtor Basic) and then after installing OS, i moved them form Maxtor to my PC... then only am facing this issue..
    Quote Quote