VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. So I had downloaded the free version of Videopad video editor assuming that it wasn't a demo version. When I opened the editor today I found a message saying that the trial would run out in a few days! What do I do to keep the free version? Is it even possible to keep the free version or is paying mandatory?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Rusakov View Post
    So I had downloaded the free version of Videopad video editor assuming that it wasn't a demo version.
    You were wrong and didn't read the description.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    Originally Posted by Rusakov View Post
    So I had downloaded the free version of Videopad video editor assuming that it wasn't a demo version.
    You were wrong and didn't read the description.

Huh, that's odd. I could have sworn it was originally under freeware. Oh well, guess I have to uninstall it now.
    Quote Quote  
  4. "We make VideoPad free because we know you will love it so much you will want to upgrade to VidepPad Pro which supports additional export formats. You can download VideoPad Pro or purchase it here."

This seems to imply they have a free and a paid version
    If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by TBoneit View Post
    This seems to imply they have a free and a paid version
    That's what I thought. And there doesn't seem to be any indication on the NCH forums that there was any change in the software. Although I think I found my problem, I downloaded the program from Cnet. Usually that isn't a problem but aparently people have had that problem when downloading NCH software from third party providers. So I'll see what downloading direct does.
    Quote Quote  
  6. My apologies for bumping this topic, but I took a closer look at the trial warning and it said that it would just be that some of the encoding features are going to be lost after trial. Now I'm even more confused.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    My version was installed some time ago when it claimed to be totally free (although you could pay for extra features).

I have it on a PC which is not connected online, so it's a pain in the regions to upgrade anything unless it can be transfered by USB key.

Recently I tried to run VideoPad again and it moaned about having to upgrade, and bombed out. Refused to work - although WavePad and Prism (also from NCH) also moan but let you carry on using them.

I've had to hack a way to get my old version of VideoPad to run......

If I could get the PC online and if they've improved it significantly *, I'd quite happily pay for the newest version. But I'll carry on as I am for now... I feel I've sung their praises on enough forums to have paid my way for now

* I'd be delighted if there was a dedicated independent timeline track for titles, like there was on Windows Movie Maker back in XP, which made cutting&pasting titles a breeze..... long clips could have many subtitles of the same style as time progressed, really easily. I get dismayed with NLEs that only allow one title per clip, forcing you to cut up long sequences and go through longwinded annoyance per subtitle!
    Last edited by MJ Peg; 28th Jul 2010 at 08:04. Reason: wishful thinking added
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Looks like there's supposed to be a free version.

HTML Code:
    Get it Free. A free version of this video editing software is available for non-commercial use only. 
    If you will be using it at home you can download the free version here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    here is the download link for the free
    http://www.nchsoftware.com/videopad/vpsetup.exe

it's different than the download link for the trial version which is here
    http://www.nch.com.au/components/vpsetup.exe

Don't know if there is a diffence between the two as I haven't downloaded them but I did notice the two different download links. You might try downloading from the first link I posted since it's supposed to be the free version and see if it works or not.
    Donadagohvi (Cherokee for "Until we meet again")
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by freebird73717 View Post
    here is the download link for the free
    http://www.nchsoftware.com/videopad/vpsetup.exe

it's different than the download link for the trial version which is here
    http://www.nch.com.au/components/vpsetup.exe

Don't know if there is a diffence between the two as I haven't downloaded them but I did notice the two different download links. You might try downloading from the first link I posted since it's supposed to be the free version and see if it works or not.
    Has anyone tried the free link above? I downloaded videopad and after i got the hand of it a message appeared saying it should be paid... i just don't know what happened i thought i had the free version!
    Quote Quote  
  11. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    I do not recommend VideoPad, nor any other product from the same company.
    Crappy installers, and even crappier uninstallers, to begin with.
    And no, thanks, I don't intend to give a try to the newest versions.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I did download it just for the hell of it after I posted that link. Yep it is the free version. I've had it for over a month and no popups asking to buy it. The splash screen that comes up when you start the program says "Basic Free Version".

Now I'm not endorsing this product. Hell I haven't even used it yet. Just installed it to see if it was the free version. Didn't have any issues with the installer though.
    If you try it and don't like it then uninstall it with Revo Uninstaller. I haven't found anything that Revo Uninstaller can't get rid of.
    Donadagohvi (Cherokee for "Until we meet again")
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search PM
    Hey, I just found this question and thought I'd let you know I have been using VideoPad for free for at least a year. It has been a while since I had done all this so I'm trying to remember what all took place. When the trial is up it should prompt you to either upgrade or switch to the free version. I chose to keep using it as the free version and haven't had a problem since. I hope this helps.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    After reading all this I got the free link & when I started the uninstall of the trial version I was given a choice-box to yadda yadda or downgrade to the free version. Easy huh,
    Quote Quote  
  15. My daughter just created a project in VideoPad and now VideoPad won't even open. Should we reinstall? Will we lose her project? She spent a lot of time on this and doesn't want to lose it. It needs to be turned in by the 29th. Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  16. I have just installed the software AGAIN a few days ago everything worked fine until now and I got the message "This is a demo version of VideoPad Video Editor for evaluation use". And then when I was working on my project after that I could not even save. A website told me that the software is fully functional and no need to pay. What misleading websites...

Number one, do I have to pay for this or is it free?

Number two, will the trial run out and in how long?

Number three, why isn't there a message warning me about the trial expires soon?

Number four, what features differ within the demo version and paid version?

Number five, what can I do about the demo version?
    Quote Quote  
  17. I am thinking about buying videopad and I don't know if I have to keep buying it every year or just once then I have it forever
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Old thread
    You should have started a new one
    But to answer the question
    Most software you buy once, use forever
    But many have limits on the free update, like one year, maybe two
    After that you pay for the update new version , usually at a discounted price
    But the first one you but is good forever
    Quote Quote