VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello!

I have got an mpeg 2 video and play it with VLC Media Player... The problem is, that the time which VLC displays is wrong.. The time is 1 hour 2 minutes, but should be about 1 hour 30 minutes. I have watched the movie and it took me the 1 hour and 30 minutes... so the video is not cut off or something like that.. it's just the time that is displayed incorrectly... Is there a possibility to correct the timecode? Do you know a tool?!

hope my english is okey.. its not the best, but i try my best!!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can try use videoredo, open the mpeg2, use the quickstream fix and save as a new mpg.

You can also try repair the mpeg2 with pvastrumento or avidemux. Just open the mpg and save as new mpg.
    Quote Quote  
  3. those programs didnt work
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Does it show the same problem on other players? I suspect you may have a break in the video at 1hr 2min and VLC is just skipping over it and maybe reads the length to that point. VLC can play damaged or incomplete videos and you may not notice any problems. But usually if you re-encode it that would have repaired it.
    Quote Quote  
  5. hey! i just played the movie in GOM media player and the time here is correct.... so why does VLC display the time incorrect?!!
    Quote Quote