VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Help,
    I bought some BD-r on ebay that won't work with my GBW-H20L burner. I don't want to make the same mistake twice. What BD-R media works with my burner that is reasonably priced? I found Memorex 32020013358 25GB at Amazon at $35 for 15 and Verbatim 96769 25GB at $32 for 10. Will these work or is there a better chose?
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by chas638 View Post
    Help,I bought some BD-r on ebay that won't work
    More Info Needed
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Well, I have never burned a BD disc, but Memorex DVD media is pretty bad. Before I learned anything about different DVD manufacturers, I would just buy whatever was cheapest or easiest to get at local stores. I had more problems with Memorex than anything I ever bought. Verbatim is considered to be one of the consistently best DVD and CD manufacturers. If I was going to gamble my money on BD discs, I'd buy Verbatim. LG is not considered a high quality DVD brand. There's not a lot of info yet on BD disc quality, but I'd suggest going with Verbatim as they have a good record for other media and LG and Memorex do not.

I don't recommend buying any media on Ebay. You have no way to know what you are getting. It could be that LG is simply a low quality BD disc manufacturer or even that your LG BD discs are bootlegs. Buy from reputable vendors like rima.com or supermediastore.com.
    Quote Quote