VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hey There

ok new here just now, have been trying to figure this one out for a while now,

I downloaded an mpeg-4 file, burnt it to a dvd-r put it in my dvd player that has divx and it just spits it back out, any idea why or what i can do

Its so frustrating,
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    The file needs to be compliant to the requirements of your player, maximum resolution, maximum bitrate, qpel and GMC settings. Those should be listed in your user manual. You can use a program like MediaInfo to find out the files attributes. You might try a repair with MPEG4 Modifier

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by skateonice View Post
    I downloaded an mpeg-4 file, burnt it to a dvd-r put it in my dvd player that has divx and it just spits it back out, any idea why or what i can do
    If you mean that you downloaded an MP4 file, what gave you the idea that it would play on your player? Divx DVD players normally play AVI and not MP4, as far as I know. Furthermore, MP4 files often/usually contain H.264 video, which DivX players certainly don't play.
    Quote Quote  
  4. The disc must also use the file system the DVD players accepts. Some like ISO 9660, others UDF, some both.
    Quote Quote