VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all!

So it opens in VLC, but nothing else, I guess my question is, is there another program out there that can read this file and export it out to something else?

Another question would be, why is this file acting this way? I have a potential client that has a boat load of these exact same types of clips they want me to work with, any help?

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can convert in vlc. File->Convert/Streaming. Or else try all-in-one-converters like winff, format factory, xmedia recode.

If you want more help then give MORE information about the source file. Open the file in mediainfo to get all details.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    You can convert in vlc. File->Convert/Streaming. Or else try all-in-one-converters like winff, format factory, xmedia recode.

If you want more help then give MORE information about the source file. Open the file in mediainfo to get all details.
    wow! what an awesome program, thanks!

this file is actually crashing that program (MediaInfo) but before it does it is giving me info on the file:

It says QuickTime is the default program to open it, but QuickTime won't even try and open it saying its not supported...
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It's possible that you simply don't have the correct codec for it, or you lack a proper mp4 player/encoder to deal with the video.

It's also possible it's a password protected or secured video encoded with Divx.

You might want to try getting a h.264 codec installed. Maybe Xvid? Maybe install FFDshow, I'd probably try that first.

If it's a secured video you might be sol.
    Quote Quote