VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have did this conversion several times . using avchdcoder. the video is great but there is no sound. Tryed twice using untouched setting on sound conversion and once changing setting to ac3 448. The original was English (6ch,ac3 384 Kbps). on the 448 setting there was some sound but it sounded like it was slowed way down . Running windows 7 Ultimate with intel i7 950 cpu. thank you in advance for any help
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Did you try using Convertxtodvd yet? Converted my mkv files perfectly. Remember: you do have to check the source to see if it plays w/wo audio.........
    Burning a Blu-ray is the next achievement. ;)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    AVCHDCoder creates ACVHD disc structure which can be burned to a DVD blank for playback in PS3 or AVCHD capable bluray players. It does not create DVD Video discs.

If you want to create a DVD Video disc for playback on a standard DVD player try AVStoDVD (free) or ConvertXtoDVD (not free)
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I want to create a disc with avchd structure so i can retain the 1280x720 . i have a panasonic blu-ray that plays avchd. I have been using copy x to dvd for along time to do 720x480.The audio on the source file mentioned above plays fine on my computer. any idea why it won't play after i convert it with AVCHDCoder .The video looks great and plays fine on my blu-ray player but no audio
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    As the original audio is straight DVD quality 5.1 AC3 at 384 kbps, you gain nothing by re-encoding it. Just chose to keep the original audio.

Play the resulting file back with The KM Player or VLC and see if you get sound. Use mediainfo to see if the M2TS files created by AVCHDCoder has and audio track, and what settings it has.

Worst case, demux the original audio manually from the MKV file, and use TSMuxer to mux it into the new M2TS file created by AVCHDCoder in place of the broken one.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks all for your help. I downloaded another copy of the file and converted it in avchdcoder and it is outstanding in 1280x720 audio and video. So it has to have been something wrong with the sound trac in that file. Thanks again all.
    Quote Quote