VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am trying to setup both of our axio systems so that I can control them remotely from home. I would be controlling the Axio LEs with another windows desktop computer that is running XP. We are using windows remote desktop program to control the Axios from the XP machine. I have one Axio computer setup as a test and I can open (from the Controlling computer running XP) Premiere CS4. I can also see the timeline and scrub through the video but I cannot hear the audio. I realized that on our Axio LE the audio is being played through the Axio LE Breakout box and not through the actual LE computer tower. Therefore I cannot hear the audio on my controlling computer. I need to be able to hear the audio on my remote machine for this to work so that I can edit. How do I configure my machine so that I can hear the audio on my controlling XP Machine?

Any ideas. I don't know if it would be better to use a different remote software program. If you know of a better one that will give us the ability to hear audio let me know.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I've had issues with video work and remote desktop before, in that the computer doing the work would effectively slow itself down in order to only work as fast as the client machine could. This is a major issue for video.

Also we use a different piece of software that doesnt do this and works extremely well as far as we have found so far: http://www.radmin.com/

I believe there is a free trial. It also offers other usefull features, like being able to use a machine without logging off the host machine etc.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks, what other Remote programs did you try, what program are you using for editing and what computers are you accessing remotely? Can you hear audio from your editing computer specifically audio playing off of a timeline or sequence within a editing program?

Our remote computer is running Windows Vista and Premiere CS4 and our Control computer is using Windows XP. Will this software work with XP?
    Last edited by jbandy1; 14th Apr 2010 at 09:07. Reason: Forgot something
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    We havent used it with Vista, but it works fine with XP.

Premiere CS4 for editing, after effects work etc. As far as i'm aware we've had no issues with any of them, other than video lag on client machine if the network wasnt sufficient or the client pc wasnt upto it. Either way though the host machine still worked at full speed unlike other remote desktop software. We tried a few other things, sites like gotomypc etc. We needed the feature of not having to lock the host machine when client logs on, so that led us to this software.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey, thanks so much for the information! Is there any specific settings with Radmin that I should try? But most importantly, do you hear audio from the PC you are logged into? I need to know that I can hear audio. Right now, on our Matrox Axio systems the audio is routed out of a breakout box so we could not hear it on the remote PC. I also tried routing the audio from the breakout box back into the computer tower using a line in connection on the tower so I could monitor the audio.

So does Radmin allow you to hear audio from timelines in Premiere Pro CS4?
    Quote Quote