VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. My other post has been closed so i will have to start a new one.

My experimenting on coverting blu-ray films to other formats has not been going well, i first started with makemvk and that went well i got a 15gb mvk and then used handbrake to shrink it but that didn't turn out well, i tried 3 or 4 different formats and audio and each one sounded like the audio has been slowed right down but the film is the same speed.

I then tried ripbot and couldn't get past the first part of opening the film despite using 2 different version,

I am now using HD convert to X i left it running overnight but i think i accidently turned it off when i thought it had stuck so i am doing it again now.

I started using blurip the other night and it kept saying eac3to path not specified so i didn't really know what i was doing but i have just reopened it and had a proper look and i specified all the links to the appropriate programs and it is running now.

I am currently trying to find a soultion to the handbrake problem, i have no idea about ripbot, looked on there forum but there was over 600 pages and i couldn't really find an answer, HD convert and blurip is still running.

Makemvk took 15 mins at most to convert and handbrake took upto 4 hours and look like the best programs to use if i manage to get handbrake to work.

I might try ripbot again at a later date if i can find an answer to why it wont work.

HD convert to X is taking far to long the current attempt has been on now for 8 hours it looks like it is almost finished its second pass the one i turned off had been on 10 hours despite having a brand new Phenon II X4 processor im glad i didn't try it with my old amd 3400+.

Blurip is currently running, no idea of how long thats going to take but i noticed you cant specify the size of the film so this might just be a different version of make mkv, looks loike it will be the same.

I will report back later on my findings, please put down any suggestions to other things that can get used in the meantime.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by adamf154; 9th Apr 2010 at 15:36.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    a simple way would be just to put your file in tsmuxer and output it to blu-ray. when that is done in ten minutes or so, load your blu-ray from tsmuxer into bdrebuilder to shrink to the size you want and then bdrebuilder can either output you an iso or use imgburn to burn you a blu-ray disc
    member since 1843
    Quote Quote  
  3. Im not converting bluray to bluray im experimenting converting from a ripped bluray at 26gb to other formats, avi, mp4, mkv
    Quote Quote  
  4. Ok so i have finished hdconverttox it finished the 2 pass then it went onto the avi mux and stayed on that for 2 hours and didn't do anything so like last night i just cancelled it the convert worked but without audio quality was ok, so i wont be trying that again as it took nearly 10 hours then stuck on avi mux.

Blurip was also cancelled as it was gping to take ages compared to make mvk i think they are both basically the same converts bluray to mkv at a certain size.

Tried ripbot again and got the following errors after demuxing streams

DirectShowSource: couldn't open file C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\video.mkv:
    Cannot play back the video stream: no suitable decompressor could be found.
    (C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\getinfo.avs, line 2)

DirectShowSource: RenderFile, the filter graph manager won't talk to me
    (C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\getinfo.avs, line 2)

So i wont be using hdconverttox or blurip again due to the time, i might use ripbot if it gets fixed and the same with makemkv and handbrake.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    VSO ConvertxtoDVD will convert to standard DVD format. Just load the movie m2ts file,takes 1-1 1/2 hours on my i7.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by wulf109 View Post
    VSO ConvertxtoDVD will convert to standard DVD format. Just load the movie m2ts file,takes 1-1 1/2 hours on my i7.
    Thanks for that ive been using convertxtodvd for years now didn't realise it could do blu-ray, so i will convert to dvd then use fairuse wizard to make it either avi or mkv, hopefully the quality will still be excellent
    Quote Quote  
  7. Why would you want to convert to DVD format before converting to MKV, thus destroying the quality???

adamf154, you should ask on the Handbrake problems about your audio bug.

The error message from Ripbot264 seems to indicate you don't have the proper DirectShow decoder installed for playing back whatever's in your MKV (which should be VC-1 video). But someone else will have to confirm that.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Yeah quailty really bad converting to dvd, but remember im only experimenting at the moment, i have downloaded the new version of handbrake as i used the old one as i prefer avi and you dont get that option in the new version and i converted to mkv at 4.4gb and the quality and sound were both perfect and i used the actual bluray rip rather than one i got from makemkv which i couldn't do in the last version and its looking like it took 6 hours, more than half the time less than hdconverttox.

So when i decide to to upgrade to blu-ray handbrake is the one i will use with makemkv if needed, at the moment is looking like the best option.
    Quote Quote